• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mafoofan struggles to buy breast wallet at Hermes . . . arises victorious!

Fraiche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Next time, instead of walking in with your girlfriend, walk in with 2 of your homies wearing black suits and sunglasses while holding umbrellas over you.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why would Hermes bother to make something custom that costs only two thousand dollars? I think that's the issue.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnapril
Why would Hermes bother to make something custom that costs only two thousand dollars? I think that's the issue.

It doesn't need to be "custom" per se. They have a special team that does true bespoke orders, but you can also order existing items in different colors and leathers. The latter is all I need. It would be done on the regular production line and made in the regular way with leather they (ostensibly) have available and which costs the same, so it shouldn't be such a big deal.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnapril

it's def the issue. the BIGGER issue is that the moron SA didn't know how to convey that to a potential customer..

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I am sorry that your wife had to go through this. That generosity could be turned to disappointment is unfortunate.

sellahi22

Reaction score
I can understand a green billfold or a black/brown/tan breast wallet, but a green breast wallet sounds a little feminine to me

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reminds me of the time I visited the Hermes store here and asked them how much the ties were only to be told over and over again, "very expensive." I am a complainer by nature so I have no idea why I didn't go ballistic then and there. Something must have been wrong with me that day.

Seriously, just call the manager.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by F. Corbera
I am sorry that your wife had to go through this. That generosity could be turned to disappointment is unfortunate.

Yeah, she was miffed. But actually, we were both extremely amused. The moment we left the store, we simultaneously burst into laughter and asked each other: "What the hell was that?!"

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Why in god's name would you persist in wanting this wallet from this marque after such a ridiculous experience?

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't believe that some people are sticking up for the terrible SAs... What a joke.

Sebastian_Flyte

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ter1413
it's def the issue. the BIGGER issue is that the moron SA didn't know how to convey that to a potential customer..

Read Bringing Home the Birkin by a guy who spent years as an Hermes reseller. The Hermes sales associates are trained to offer different services and even products to different tiers of customers (e.g. you can't buy a Birkin bag until you spend X grand on other Hermes stuff).

The SA was trying to communicate this to you, but it seems like a) she sucked at it, and b) you weren't taking the hint.

I agree it's stupid.

bringusingoodale

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Should I expect this type of treatment once I am done saving up my pennies and head over to the Row and to the Steed shop?

I will be very disheartened and perplexed, perhaps somewhat angry. Seriously, should I just say fuk it and buy like 4 TaT suits right now?

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by musicguy
I can't believe that some people are sticking up for the terrible SAs... What a joke.

There is a popular classist belief that when poorer people work hard, they are somehow working harder than when richer people work hard, and ought to be pitied.

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have no idea if Hermes discourages this sort of custom order or not, and the whole Monte Python Cheese Shop routine was just to get you discouraged, but I have found SAs at all levels to be shockingly ignorant of their particular store's products and procedures. Some of the old guys at Brooks Brothers in Boston, who have been there for at least the 15 - 20 years that I have been stopping in, can't tell me where a suit is made or what the fabric and construction are.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads