• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

banis

Reaction score
I am now in Europe. I've been to maybe 5 or 6 shops that have Aldens. Prices for LWB in cordovan range from 649 EUR to 840 EUR. Even with the Tax Free it is cheaper to buy Aldens in the US stores with the Express shipping to Russia.

Aries83

Reaction score
Yeeeep. I live in England, had 3 pairs of Aldens, still not bought any in Europe.

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by framus
Day 1 with Alden Wingtip Ravello Cordovan

Any suggestions on the best color polish to use? Of course the first
day I wear them it's snowing. Barrie Last.

03b20142.jpg

b1b2966e.jpg

Stunning. Are these currently available to buy anywhere?

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

phantomx48

Reaction score
Originally Posted by winston
Stunning. Are these currently available to buy anywhere?
So all this Ravello Wingtip Boot talk made me try on mine yesterday and since I have been moving down a size recently, they now feel too big. Probably going up for sale soon, so I can get the smaller size from shoemart, so if anyone is interested let me know. Size 12, from ShoeMart, worn only twice, and have the Topy on them before first wear so the sole is new, =(. . .willing to let them go cheap cheap to someone on the forum rather than dealing with eBay.

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What exactly is #8? Is it more of a burgundy or a brown?

phantomx48

Reaction score
Wearing my Leffot Greenwich Boot on a very rainy SoCal day. . .the Horween Chamois (fat liquored) used for these boots holds up to the rain marvelously. Would love to see it used on some other Alden's in the future.
photo28e.jpg
greenwichboot.jpg
photo26y.jpg

lambchop

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lemmywinks
What exactly is #8? Is it more of a burgundy or a brown?

It's a dark burgundy that will lighten over time. I love the way it looks.

MickCollins1916

Reaction score
Originally Posted by phantomx48
Wearing my Leffot Greenwich Boot on a very rainy SoCal day. . .the Horween Chamois (fat liquored) used for these boots holds up to the rain marvelously. Would love to see it used on some other Alden's in the future.

photo28e.jpg

greenwichboot.jpg

photo26y.jpg

These are awesome. I was talking about navy shoes in this thread the other day. Would love to pick up something along these lines. Very nice!

MickCollins1916

Reaction score
Indy boots: #8 shell, black shell, whiskey shell, tobacco reverse chamois, brown cxl,
standard 405s.

I'm wearing the chamois pair today. They are fast becoming a fav. I love the crepe sole on these guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics