• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jaspar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by stevent
After Christmas is when the real sales pick up (at least in the SF store). For the past two years it was crazy discounts for 2008. (Demin at around 70-80% off in some cases). 2009 had decent sales but after Christmas an additional 33% was added for the 26-28th I think. So that would be the time. Not sure if it will be like this again but the economy was getting better when stores order their winter stuff so very likely it will be like this (or 25%). Either way I would wait till the 26th if you can.
I went back and checked this thread at this time last year. Seems like the extra 33% happened 2 or so days before Christmas, which is how I remember things even years prior (I can remember in 2001 looking at a Helmut Lang coat that was twice significantly marked down), and better shopping sense, since they'd want to entice last-minute buyers. Let's hope that's still true this year, and they see the benefit to that over discouraging return-then-rebuyers, but retail's recent, slight upturn definitely changes circumstances slightly...

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaspar
I went back and checked this thread at this time last year. Seems like the extra 33% happened 2 or so days before Christmas, which is how I remember things even years prior (I can remember in 2001 looking at a Helmut Lang coat that was twice significantly marked down), and better shopping sense, since they'd want to entice last-minute buyers.

Let's hope that's still true this year, and they see the benefit to that over discouraging return-then-rebuyers, but retail's recent, slight upturn definitely changes circumstances slightly...

They may have had the 33% off but from my (limited) experience, the prices don't get a second markdown until after Christmas. In terms of business sense, you shouldn't heavily discount until after Christmas since if people need gifts, they will pay what it takes. For example Rogue's Gallery t shirts were $30-$35 before Christmas and after they were $20-$25 with 33% off.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
What's the word on my stark, jet?

No word.

I love hearing people talk about sales, brings me back to my copping days when no one knew of the sale structure.

Chace

Reaction score
Heads up - CP Desert Boots in grey 50% off at Mortar. Just kopped with additional Styleforum discount.

pdsf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rover!
PRESALE30E - 30% off at my-wardrobe.com, new season excluded

Is their shipping to the US/rest of world still crazy high?

pdsf

Reaction score
That's still quite a bit but I think it used to be a lot more...so that's good in a way. Cheers for the info. I think they mark up a lot of their stuff though.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Volls.de has some Belstaff, Cabourn, Gilded Age, Stone Island, LVC, etc at 20-30% off.

ennui

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ennui
Snagged the last Margiela black hi-tops in 40. Here's hoping brokerage fees + duties won't eat away the deal. It's being shipped Fedex. Thanks for the heads-up Oski.

Originally Posted by Oski
Welcome to the club
fistbump.gif

I got the shoes today. Fedex International and it took maybe 3 days to get here. I didn't have to pay any brokerage fees or duties when I picked up the shoes, but reading online, I might get a bill in the mail.
frown.gif
We'll see. Anyway, the shoes are great and I'm going to break them in ASAP. Thanks again sir.

Brosef

Reaction score
Originally Posted by softy
ssense? discounts? coupons? anything?

Boxing day coming up...I think they'll have 30% off on selected items, then 40% in the last few days on those same items.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads