• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snowmanxl
meh, dont see anything wrong with the way these clothes fit. (exclude jacket)

Not an issue of fit. To quote Magician, style doesn't stop at the neck, you're still wearing ******* safetly goggles and your hair is too short. The overall composition of the outfit also seems boring, and you posted the CG, so be prepared to get criticism for it. With all the money you have, it's just unreal to myself -- and I assume a lot of us -- that you can't put together something better.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i forgot, i wore a grey beanie to cover up hair. its in the growing process. i dont usually post my outerwear because its nothing fashionable, but i figured i would this time because i dont go outside with just a shirt. dont really mind the cg criticism, its very functional.

the fact that i "have an oil rig" is making your opinions bias i think.

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dsc01366o.jpg

this is the funniest **** ive seen on here in like a year

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
impossible.. for reals, they have long drawstrings to tie up around your calves, making it tight. ill see if i can get a stock pic of the pants, theyre from a few seasons ago. edit: http://www.ssense.com/men/product/kr...trousers/21941 mine arent metallic flannel, theyre gabardine. less of a contrast.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed @ not an issue of fit. If you're in good physical condition (which it appears you are - n/h), and know your accurate measurements, it's easy to put together something copacetic. The clothes fit exactly as they should.

But very uniform at the same time. And I mean in a militaristic sense. I was flamed a week or two ago by a justifiably scorned member for making the Columbine reference in response to a snowman fit pic (FYI I sincerely apologized to the boarder as he explained he also lived in the state of CO where the incident happened). But I still stand by that. With all due respect to snowman, as I think he seems like a normal, cool guy -- if he ever walked into the post office, or wherever, rocking some of that **** I'd be finding the closest exit. Murdered out fit - black boots, pants tuck, those glasses? I mean, it looks cool, but practical and acceptable in a social sense could be considered debatable. Not to suggest that everyone here dresses practical/acceptable in a social sense, but..well, I dunno.

What I do know is that if I was throwing around that much lucci I would diversify. If military is your primary theme, stick with it. But I believe literally every fit I've seen has involved a boot tuck, or something that might blur the line between soldier and civilian.

no hate, whatsoever, just my opinion. Want to repeat that the fits are nearly all good. But the firm stance on military aesthetic, in my opinion, should be revisited. Especially if you have some scratch to play with.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide
Agreed @ not an issue of fit. If you're in good physical condition (which it appears you are - n/h), and know your accurate measurements, it's easy to put together something copacetic. The clothes fit exactly as they should.

But very uniform at the same time. And I mean in a militaristic sense. I was flamed a week or two ago by a justifiably scorned member for making the Columbine reference in response to a snowman fit pic (FYI I sincerely apologized to the boarder as he explained he also lived in the state of CO where the incident happened). But I still stand by that. With all due respect to snowman, as I think he seems like a normal, cool guy -- if he ever walked into the post office, or wherever, rocking some of that **** I'd be finding the closest exit. Murdered out fit - black boots, pants tuck, those glasses? I mean, it looks cool, but practical and acceptable in a social sense could be considered debatable. Not to suggest that everyone here dresses practical/acceptable in a social sense, but..well, I dunno.

What I do know is that if I was throwing around that much lucci I would diversify. If military is your primary theme, stick with it. But I believe literally every fit I've seen has involved a boot tuck, or something that might blur the line between soldier and civilian.

no hate, whatsoever, just my opinion. Want to repeat that the fits are nearly all good. But the firm stance on military aesthetic, in my opinion, should be revisited. Especially if you have some scratch to play with.

LOL, i actually went to the post office today(like this) to mail off some somet jeans!! the mail lady knows me well because im there all the time, so maybe thats why she didnt hit the ground running!
laugh.gif

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
are you kidding me?

yeah, i dont have an oil rig
redface.gif

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dsc01366o.jpg

dsc01369j.jpg

Wear something that gives your torso some shape, like a tailored cotton jacket or a shaped leather. Do you see how on SZ they often ground the drapey stuff with something structured? Do that. Otherwise you just look like an amorphous blob. Also seriously get some contacts.

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
impossible..

for reals, they have long drawstrings to tie up around your calves, making it tight.

ill see if i can get a stock pic of the pants, theyre from a few seasons ago.

edit: http://www.ssense.com/men/product/kr...trousers/21941

mine arent metallic flannel, theyre gabardine. less of a contrast.

Then buy different pants. Not that hard.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
shaped/tailored outerwear. sounds good. i guess i should pay attention to sz, i just browse the classifieds once and a while.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide
Dude snowmanxl must be rich as ****.

Originally Posted by Lane
that fool has a goldmine or he has oil spewing from his backyard.

comment on his fit, not how much money he appears to have.

Anyone could cop this **** on an average salary so long as they're single and not living in an expensive area. Notice how he didn't list brands this time because he's sick of people commenting on that ****.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no offense @ snowman for commenting on his financial means which I know nothing of and is none of my business

i know the feeling too.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hendrix, is snowmanxl your sugar daddy too? no but seriously, snowman, i remember you said you like jwied's style a while back. the thing about him and guys like him (nn, adam24, etc.) is that none of them try to do too much with their outfits. it's like a couple statement pieces + wardrobe basics beyond that. i always feel like you're trying to do too much with your silhouette (i.e. with boot tuck plz stopppppp
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
) and it always comes out pretty off. i feel like your simplest fits have been BY FAR the best ones. start there and build idk about whatever accusations are being thrown around about being dressed by the internet being a brandwhore etc tho (altho you might be a brandwhore, who knows)--despite being told on every single one of your fits that your boot tuck sucks, you keep trying to do it. i guess i respect that, but it still looks kinda bad (sry bro--your package is in the mail, btw!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads