• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

skeleton

Reaction score
Originally Posted by snowmanxl
impossible.. for reals, they have long drawstrings to tie up around your calves, making it tight. ill see if i can get a stock pic of the pants, theyre from a few seasons ago. edit: http://www.ssense.com/men/product/kr...trousers/21941 mine arent metallic flannel, theyre gabardine. less of a contrast.
what about jeans? preferably untucked.
Originally Posted by lmaozedong
i always feel like you're trying to do too much with your silhouette (i.e. with boot tuck plz stopppppp
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
) and it always comes out pretty off. i feel like your simplest fits have been BY FAR the best ones. start there and build

+1

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hendrix, is snowmanxl your sugar daddy too?

lol. I was thinking the same following that passionate response. But I shouldn't have assumed he was rich due to his clothing.

But your fits generate more discussion and constructive criticism than anyone else I've seen post in WAYWT (granted only since I joined), so that's cool. Half of them are asking you to quit the boot tuck, but regardless. I guess being amicable and non-abrasive and open-minded towards peoples comments is conducive towards that. And dressing like a GI Joe (just kidding!
biggrin.gif
)

WhoKnewI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hendrix, is snowmanxl your sugar daddy too?

no but seriously, snowman, i remember you said you like jwied's style a while back. the thing about him and guys like him (nn, adam24, etc.) is that none of them try to do too much with their outfits. it's like a couple statement pieces + wardrobe basics beyond that. i always feel like you're trying to do too much with your silhouette (i.e. with boot tuck plz stopppppp
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
) and it always comes out pretty off. i feel like your simplest fits have been BY FAR the best ones. start there and build

idk about whatever accusations are being thrown around about being dressed by the internet being a brandwhore etc tho (altho you might be a brandwhore, who knows)--despite being told on every single one of your fits that your boot tuck sucks, you keep trying to do it. i guess i respect that, but it still looks kinda bad (sry bro--your package is in the mail, btw!)

+1.

NN, adam24, Jwied don't really do anything exceptionally "out there." They just get well fitting basics with an interesting piece of outerwear here and there.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah, trying to perfect the boot tuck at least once before i retire it. but dont go and say that it looks amazing in my next fit just to humor me
teacha.gif

with regards to jeans, im on the lookout for a more flattering pair. ditching the somets and 6 inch hems. i have 7 and 7.5 hems on my jeans right now.
i really like these trousers tho. i feel extremely comfortable in them, more than trackpants.

lol at package in the mail!! thanks.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll second the thought that your simpler fits look better snowman. Your jacket would have been fine if it actually fit you well, but you simply look too topheavy.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
he looks like he just got back from an outdoor shooting range in aspen

or a track and field event on a glacier

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i see bad runway model

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah, trying to perfect the boot tuck at least once before i retire it. but dont go and say that it looks amazing in my next fit just to humor me
teacha.gif

The boot tuck seems to highlight your bow legs. I know you can't do anything about the legs, but you can stop from making them more pronounced.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
really bad pic quality but it is what it is...
new linens+alpaca winter concept, very modular for transitioning between 80 degrees inside and 20 outside

I like this, probably in large part due to the drapey scarf. Boot tuck works in this fit.

Originally Posted by skeleton
please dont tuck your pants into the boots

I tried; he does not listen

shaped/tailored outerwear. sounds good. i guess i should pay attention to sz, i just browse the classifieds once and a while.

It is terrifying to think of you unleashed on SZ classified.

learn to walk before you try to run grasshopper.

sexonfabric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like that jacket.

Talking about snowman...his more basic fits are great and I really enjoy them. You get positive comments on these and then try the weird silhouette **** again, which never works. I know you like fooling around with this, but don't, you look much better (n/h) in the more normal gear.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
I tried; he does not listen
also i buy stuff with boot tuck in mind. i just got a pair of hi top boots that require pants being tucked into boots.
that will be the last of my boot tucks for a while.
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads