• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Is The Worst Christmas Gift You Ever Received?

Kajak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And now you're on styleforvm, hunting in thrift stores for old full canvassed suits.
teacha.gif

Farmgate

Reaction score
It wasn't that bad, but it had no play value. When I was ten, I got a Major Matt Mason "Space Ball" which was a ball pulled around by a tractorlike vehicle. I never got into it.

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A "juggling set", aka three matching soft/squishy balls. Unexpectedly, I actually used the balls and learned how to juggle with them.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Farmgate
It wasn't that bad, but it had no play value. When I was ten, I got a Major Matt Mason "Space Ball" which was a ball pulled around by a tractorlike vehicle. I never got into it.

I loved Major Matt Mason stuff back in the day.
The space crawler thingie was awesome.
Don't remember the space ball thing though.

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kajak
And now you're on styleforvm, hunting in thrift stores for old full canvassed suits.
teacha.gif

There is a lot of truth in the statement, but I am much more discerning
smile.gif

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Grandmother, may she rest in peace, used to give us the tackiest gifts. One year she gave us shampoo bottles she stole from a hotel, and peanut bags from the airplane she rode to said hotel.

KJT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gort
My Grandmother, may she rest in peace, used to give us the tackiest gifts. One year she gave us shampoo bottles she stole from a hotel, and peanut bags from the airplane she rode to said hotel.
My grandmother would give us heavily discounted VHS tapes. I believe these are the last two I received... in 2007.
515Y1CEBKXL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
41316V19KXL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
Currently selling for $2.95 and $0.49 respectively.

Sazerac

Reaction score
True story:

The tradition in our family is to draw names from a hat so that we only give/receive one gift. My father drew my great-grandmother's name. She was suffering from severe memory loss.

Rather than spend money on a gift because "she's not going to remember what it is or who gave it to her anyway," my father got her...

a bag of potato chips.

The rest of the family was, of course, horrified. I pointed out to my dad later that while my great grandmother may not remember who gave her the worst gift ever, everyone else will.

lbcgav

Reaction score
This didn't happen to me but to my brother. Early on in his first marriage, his in-laws gave him a 2-pack of flashlights with one of the flashlights removed. Classy.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A brown polyester turtle neck long sleeved top when I was 11 it was the perfect gift for an Australian summer. No wonder I ended up in therapy
musicboohoo[1].gif

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I have an aunt with more than her share of personal problems, and she means well, but she gives us medleys of dollar store stuff, variety store junk that rarely worked out of the box, weird things. She didn't re-gift or give us free ****, but she'd waste twenty bucks on my sister and I on useless stuff year after year, rather than give us money.

DM489

Reaction score
My grandma bought me the Langoliers on VHS two years ago.

She also gave me 5 $25 gift cards to Home Depot a few years prior to that. They were unactivated.

CouttsClient

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DM489
My grandma bought me the Langoliers on VHS two years ago.

She also gave me 5 $25 gift cards to Home Depot a few years prior to that. They were unactivated.

Wow

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads