• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Chan

emptym

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Axelman 17
Sure:...
Thank you.
Originally Posted by edmorel
y so serious, stuff looks great!...
Because I'm seriously happy with it.

Actually, I'm preparing myself for the SF hypercriticism -- which extends to such things as facial expressions.

JK. But seriously: No criticizing other's clothes, I mean, facial expressions, if you don't post your own!

OK, that wasn't serious either...
Originally Posted by bcate3
I wasn't suggesting that I had concern. I've never been to the HK shop, so I'm not familiar with anyone there besides the traveling team. Was curious though about who has the con when Patrick's gone. Maybe some of the HK members here can weigh in on their familiarity with the other Chan tailors.
I wouldn't worry. The suit looks like it's taking shape well.

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by F. Corbera
I support this message. Also, blue, brown, tan, and cream.

You remind me of someone.

Whatever happened to Vox? Did he reach the max number of posts?

cdmoore1855

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bcate3
I wasn't suggesting that I had concern. I've never been to the HK shop, so I'm not familiar with anyone there besides the traveling team. Was curious though about who has the con when Patrick's gone. Maybe some of the HK members here can weigh in on their familiarity with the other Chan tailors.

Patrick is a cutter not a tailor who makes the clothes, same people making the actual garments regardless of whether Patrick is around. On a personal preferance, if I know Patrick is not there and I wanted to order something I would wait until I know he is back

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New Chan arrived today! I had fittings in HK not by Patrick, but members of his team which worked out well. They were crunched for time so had to ship it to me. It's a W. Bill Shetland herringbone jacket with matching vest.

The color in the second photo is pretty accurate. It looks better than I recall in the shop. I think the lighting at Chan made it seem more green and muddy for some reason. Very comfortable with a decent amount of drape.

I feel like the first photo is an ode to Manton's old ones. Will try and take outdoor shots sometime.

IMG_2686.jpg

IMG_2688.jpg

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's really nice, David.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Trini! Look forward to seeing your commissions when they're ready.

RogerC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is indeed really beautiful. Did you get that made when I met you last time around? What does Chan charge for a sports coat these days?

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

Originally Posted by RogerC
That is indeed really beautiful. Did you get that made when I met you last time around? What does Chan charge for a sports coat these days?

Yep. What I got on the recent trip. Around $1100 USD depending on the fabric.

Originally Posted by benjamin831
That's really nice, David. One of the best in a while.

How heavy is that fabric, btw?

I believe around 13oz. Not entirely sure.

Originally Posted by aj_del
That looks great, why didnt you get matching trousers ?

I've always heard mixed reviews on shetland trousers and I knew with this shade I just wouldn't wear it as a suit very much at all. If this was more like the color of Parker's herringbone and not Shetland I likely would have.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads