• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Joseph Cheaney Imperial Collection

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Holyrood (a name perfect for Engrish-speaking Japanese) looks like a good replacement for the CJ Lowndes, which seems a little too pointy.

Other than that, I'm not sure...

EBugatti

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pebblegrain
The Holyrood (a name perfect for Engrish-speaking Japanese) looks like a good replacement for the CJ Lowndes, which seems a little too pointy.

Other than that, I'm not sure...

Would agree, but don't like the buckles on the Holyrood.

walneal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
would like to order a pair
just not sure if they are like EG, G&G which I take a 7.5 for my US 8 feet or like C&J which I take a UK7

tomrakewell

Reaction score
Some snapshots of my first pair of Imperials:

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^^

So purdy...

I have been eyeing the same pair...
bounce2.gif

walneal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
looks gorgeous even from those pics!
Mind to share the fit?

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Colour wise is that a burgundy for normal folks....

tomrakewell

Reaction score
Originally Posted by walneal
looks gorgeous even from those pics!
Mind to share the fit?

Slightly narrow, elongated, and a bit higher instep than 'usual' ... Ideal for my feet :)

tomrakewell

Reaction score
Originally Posted by meister
Colour wise is that a burgundy for normal folks....

It's called bronzed espresso ... I'd say it is much less red than burgundy.

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just to note that I viewed some more of the Cheaney Imperial models in Harrods this afternoon. I was really impressed, even having them sat alongside Lobbs and EGs (note - I'm not saying they were better, simply that they didn't disgrace themselves).

The overall make is really nice, and some of the leather finishes are great - I didn't like the bronzey brown much, but they had some sublime 'museum'ish finish dark olive green loafers with what looked damned like a reverse handstitch split toe for only £280. The lasts look a lot sleeker than the photos on the website that were previously posted.

If the finish on the uppers stands up to use as one would hope, I think we have a new contender for best VFM at the price point.

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SimonC
They had some sublime 'museum'ish finish dark olive green loafers with what looked damned like a reverse handstitch split toe for only £280. The lasts look a lot sleeker than the photos on the website that were previously posted.

I gave in to temptation;

sam3087.jpg

sam3103.jpg

sam3102.jpg

sam3095.jpg

sam3089.jpg

sam3092.jpg

sam3098.jpg

sam3101.jpg

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ nice, do they make a lace up version of the loafer as well?

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kev777
Agreed but at least there isnt chiselled toes as well as the fiddled waist. I do think though for the price they seem a very well appointed shoe as long as the leather is up to scratch. I may have to give them a go.

I'm no leather expert, but from a quick look over the black captoe from this range the other day, I'd say they stand up well to most of their competitors. On balance, I thought they were seriously good value and I actually prefer the last to that of my C&J Handgrades (which I suppose would be their direct competition). Slightly less elongated. Nice neat finishing, and a clean rounded line without excessive chiselling. Fiddleback waists are neither here nor there to me, but they seemed nicely done nonetheless.

Sadly, the shop I visited didn't have the full range nor any in my size to test the fit. I'm hoping when I get back home and can stop by Ede, that they may have access the fuller range; they usually have some Cheaney available, at least.

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SimonC
I gave in to temptation;

sam3087.jpg

Just took stock of a pair of these myself thanks to Simon's info!

It's a lot of shoe for the money. Really good value even at full price.

The fiddleback is definitely very pronounced and drastic - might not be to everyone's taste. Workmanship and leather on par with handgrade which I assume is what these are up against.

Fit TTS.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads