• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
86424294.jpg

1443512191457492.jpg

img03882.jpg

KZO
RL
5EP
RW

bears repeating, cause Costa Rica is way nicer to look at than the inside of an apartment regardless of how baller the fit.

Originally Posted by artoftime
Cross pollinating from MC a bit -
RRL cap, Persols, Etro wool, Johnstons scarf, Lee 1950's chore coat, Chimala buckle back chinos (hacked and rolled for some frayed sprezz) Alden chucks

IMG_1178.jpg

IMG_1079.jpg

This would look better if you gave me the chore jacket.

jokes aside, this is good... but the shape your aldens in makes me a little sad.

As good as this, and all the fits from MC refugees can be... I miss the days when PG was the only MC poster with any real frequency.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
listi you need to shave and do something with your hair.

I disagree. Facial hair is fuckin' hot right now. Ditto @ disheveled hair
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

all kidding aside, I like the look..

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
That Listi pose scares me.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
eason gotta agree with other people, that suit sorta sucks (at least on you)

listi, I'll just say you need something that isn't skin tight on your legs, like some trousers... and a different pose

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
Luftvier (and a lot of MC guys) looks very costume-y. Moreo then even a lot of goth ninja fits...
I agree, but why do you think this is? Since the average MC age is older, perhaps they are less fearful of the possible ridicule associated with sporting the "wrong" look? I found it interesting how some of the MC guys said they thought SW&D was hyper critical. I have to admit, sometimes this forum feels like being back in high school again. Kop the wrong brands, wear jeans with the wrong wash, wrong cut, etc and you will be made fun of (sometimes mercilessly). Often this forum creates it's own reality that has little barring to the opinions of the outside world. There is a huge desire for many members to seek approval of the group since they spend such a large amount of their lives here. Yes, I feel somewhat contaminated by even visiting here and attempting to fit in. That's what's refreshing about the MC guys posting here-- a group of outsiders to shake things up.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
Another MC'er climbing over the fence...

Thought I'd give it another try after last week's challenge outfit. Jeans and
jacket are the same. This is basically what I wear every day: jeans/cotton
trousers, shirt, sweater, jacket, and suede shoes, sometimes sneakers.

The challenge outfit was my snow outfit"”hence the boots; I thought those
were more SW'ish... I was wrong. I have no idea how monks are looked upon
here, but I think they're great, from jeans to suit. (Forgive me for not using
the right clothing terms; I don't know how to do SW&D language (if there is
such a thing) and I'm not a native speaker.)

Oh, and I read some of you don't like detail pictures"”I do.

Okay, here goes:

01totaal.jpg
02details.jpg

Be gentle.

Fit is good, there's no ideal SW&D to emulate so everyone's take on the same outfit can come out differently but successfully.

In short, MC focuses more on what's "wrong with an outfit" while SW&D focuses more on what's "right with an outfit".

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
That's what's refreshing about the MC guys posting here-- a group of outsiders to shake things up.
+1, MC invasion works because they're outsiders but not like "what the **** do you all know."

dls6128

Reaction score
I thought NOBD's fit was really good. It's not fashion-forward but it's not trying to be, and everything fits well.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Listi
Top half and bottom half do not work together at all
Originally Posted by Lel
In short, MC focuses more on what's "wrong with an outfit" while SW&D focuses more on what's "right with an outfit".
As long as everything else is fine. Right now the only real problem is the wash on those jeans, though.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
As long as everything else is fine. Right now the only real problem is the wash on those jeans, though.

his jeans started as raw that's just how they've faded (it's what happens if you wash regularly, no high-contrast fading)

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty

Originally Posted by aeglus
his jeans started as raw that's just how they've faded (it's what happens if you wash regularly, no high-contrast fading)

+1, chill out, this ain't MC, we don't need to nitpick every tiny detail

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fuji
All saints is horribly under rated on SF. Even at full retail the boots are a good deal and the leathers are good on sale. jewelry is quite nice too.

Agreed, although I refuse to buy unless the stuff is on sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads