• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spoils of Napoli

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't think it makes you look particularly skinny. I like the silhouette quite a bit, and the lapels. Very nice.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No,those trousers don't work for you,they make you look anorexic. The lapels are nice though.

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
I don't think it makes you look particularly skinny. I like the silhouette quite a bit, and the lapels. Very nice.

+1. Has a bit more sporty and youthful vibe than what I've seen you in previously.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
Looks good but makes you look lankier than normal.

+1. Perhaps if the pants were a bit more generous, it wouldn't look as lanky. The hip pocket placement looks low also.

--Andre

someotherstyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Mina did not say anything about the shoulders falling, though I assume they will; all my soft coats have to date. Her tailor did give the coat a major tug all the way around. I gather this is another Naples thing.

p1030242h.jpg

p1030246t.jpg

The only thing that keeps bugging me about this (and a some of the other stuff you have that I've seen), is that you either pose, or stand normally, with your shoulders rolled forward. If you look at the jacket here, the jacket "ripples", and folds over itself in the chest. I find it distracting and unflattering.

Again, I don't know if this is just how you stand when you take photos, or is your normal posture. Simply an observation.

-MK

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by someotherstyle
The only thing that keeps bugging me about this (and a some of the other stuff you have that I've seen), is that you either pose, or stand normally, with your shoulders rolled forward. If you look at the jacket here, the jacket "ripples", and folds over itself in the chest. I find it distracting and unflattering.

Again, I don't know if this is just how you stand when you take photos, or is your normal posture. Simply an observation.

-MK

That's the drape. (Not kidding)

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
That second picture is very flattering. Very nice silhouette, the trousers too - will look even better when the sleeve heads settle down.

Do sleeve heads actually "settle down" ? Sounds like the tight shoes
eventually fitting after months of painful wear. Rarely happens.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bull
Comparing the Swedish railways to the Blue Line here in Chicago (which I take to work every day) is like compring a Porsche Panamera to a Chevy Malibu. The Swedish railways - faults included - felt positively luxurious compared to the hellish trains we ride in Chicago.

That's what the Swedes get from their high taxes, and low defense spending.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by George
Hold on, there's some pretty shaky infrastructure in the States.

There were power cuts not that long ago in California as I recall.

It wasn't infra structure. It was grid mismanagement and fraud by the likes of Enron.
Where I live, which has a municipally owned utility, during the height of the problems
we had steady power and much lower rates.

kolecho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mina did not say anything about the shoulders falling, though I assume they will; all my soft coats have to date. Her tailor did give the coat a major tug all the way around. I gather this is another Naples thing.

p1030242h.jpg

p1030246t.jpg

I see a right pagoda shoulder and left droopy shoulder. Mina did not tug the right panels?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I have a dropped right shoulder, the coat is cut correctly to fit for that. The difference is not evened out with padding (I hate that). It's really not noticeable IRL unless you stare at my shoulders for a length of time. In a photo, it's instantly evident.

The shoulders are definitely not pagoda. As foo noted, they are ruler straight. Whether they will settle, we shall see. A&S style coats of mine have done so, but they also have started out with a rounder shoulder than this. IME, it takes at least a year of wear to start seeing a real difference so it will be a while before we know. Also, this cloth is pretty tough.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a dropped right shoulder, the coat is cut correctly to fit for that.

Now that you mention it, is it possible that your A&S coat was not cut correctly to fit for that, hence the divot? (Fwiw, this appears to fit you very well, unlike your A&S.)

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wes Bourne
Now that you mention it, is it possible that your A&S coat was not cut correctly to fit for that, hence the divot? (Fwiw, this appears to fit you very well, unlike your A&S.)

I don't think so. I'd have to look at it again to be sure but typically divots are caused by something else.

ohm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a dropped right shoulder, the coat is cut correctly to fit for that. The difference is not evened out with padding (I hate that). It's really not noticeable IRL unless you stare at my shoulders for a length of time. In a photo, it's instantly evident.

The shoulders are definitely not pagoda. As foo noted, they are ruler straight. Whether they will settle, we shall see. A&S style coats of mine have done so, but they also have started out with a rounder shoulder than this. IME, it takes at least a year of wear to start seeing a real difference so it will be a while before we know. Also, this cloth is pretty tough.

I like this a lot. It looks, for lack of a better word, very smart. It seems like there's a bit of swelling in the chest but I'm happy to take foo's word that there isn't much shaping there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads