• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

max-t

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so steven alan fucked me on two of the reversible shirts i ordered from the sample sale. they sent one i didn't even order and in place of the other, a ****** note saying "lol sorry we couldn't fill a portion of your order bro laterz". thinkin of how to ***** them out and what to ask for :/

pretty bummed, those are p nice shirts for $51 (lol @ the full price of $225)

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is old, but if any of you guys are students you can sign up for Amazon student discount and get free two-day shipping for a year. Not directly clothes related, but I often use Amazon to buy hair products and other stuff like that.

I've been using the Baxter clay pomade you recommended Kelv and it's awesome. Definitely what I've been looking for.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by max-t
so steven alan fucked me on two of the reversible shirts i ordered from the sample sale. they sent one i didn't even order and in place of the other, a ****** note saying "lol sorry we couldn't fill a portion of your order bro laterz". thinkin of how to ***** them out and what to ask for :/

pretty bummed, those are p nice shirts for $51 (lol @ the full price of $225)

This is why we pay for credit cards. If SA doesn't take the return and pay shipping, call your card company and describe the situation. If they are worth their salt, they'll work it out for you.

****, now I'm worried about my package... when did you place your order? For some reason SA doesn't automatically email or list on their site a UPS tracking # for the order
ffffuuuu.gif

Brinbro

Reaction score
I've been waiting a week for an item that's been 'processed.' Might call them up tomorrow, since you know, it'd be nice to know if I had $130 sitting around or if they're going to process it whenever the hell they want and send me the item. Terrible service, I will never deal with them again.

hobojones

Reaction score
Originally Posted by meso
This is why we pay for credit cards. If SA doesn't take the return and pay shipping, call your card company and describe the situation. If they are worth their salt, they'll work it out for you.

****, now I'm worried about my package... when did you place your order? For some reason SA doesn't automatically email or list on their site a UPS tracking # for the order
ffffuuuu.gif

Meh, really happy that SA canceled my order. It was an impulse buy, and I regretted it pretty soon after. Then they send me an email stating that due to the high demand, the things I ordered had already been sold, but it didn't register on the website, so I was able to put them in my cart at the time. The whole SA staff must have been in shambles.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hobojones
Meh, really happy that SA canceled my order. It was an impulse buy, and I regretted it pretty soon after. Then they send me an email stating that due to the high demand, the things I ordered had already been sold, but it didn't register on the website, so I was able to put them in my cart at the time. The whole SA staff must have been in shambles.

same here.

Oski

Reaction score
I'm going to have to be on the lookout for black leather Raf vandals come sale season.
I don't think my Barneys ever got any.
frown.gif

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
I have a feeling a lot of those Steven Alan orders are regrettable impulse buys...

Bro, I'm a walking example of this today. Figure better wear it once before it hits my closet forever, though. I doubt it will even move on the buy/sell board. Everything they make is double sized. My size S zip up fits like a large. My S cashmere vest fits like an XL and about hangs to my knees. The white t shirt has a flimsy neck. The button down looks and fits like ****. No button down collar, really? I have a few pieces of seasons past that I like (including a jacket) and wear but this "sample sale" has done nothing for me in terms of my willingness to ever purchase SA again. I asked my g/f if she wanted anything from the sale on the women's side. She picked out a dress. She wasn't there last night but I opened the box and even the women's size petite is frickin' huge. No way it will fit her.

zazaza

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LL Bean Signature is running 20% off orders of $50+
this stacks with their other promo of a $10 gift card with purchases of $50+ as well as free shipping

blynch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zazaza
LL Bean Signature is running 20% off orders of $50+
this stacks with their other promo of a $10 gift card with purchases of $50+ as well as free shipping

also works with regular LL Bean, so you can pick up the fairly popular Katahdin boots for $127 and get a $10 gift card. I would totally be on that if I didn't just buy a pair of W+H boots off the B&S.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads