Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Official Sales Alert thread - sales, coupon and discount codes

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jun 22, 2007.

1. zazaza

zazaza Distinguished Member

the giftcard and free shipping promotion is at the top of the page and activated automatically
    the 20% off $50+ may need to be activated via email, but the fine print on my email says use you can use code november20 or call your order in and ask for it

Is there a code you need for this? I don't see it on the front page.

2. mjo317

mjo317 Senior Member

for those who got their SA orders, how long did it take? it's been a week for me and still nothing

3. max-t

max-t Distinguished Member

i live in new york, ordered thursday 1pm got it monday 5pm.

4. driveslowk

driveslowk Distinguished Member

How are all of you so impatient?

5. meso

meso Distinguished Member

How are all of you so impatient?

I can't speak for others, but it's how I was born.

6. ma1

ma1 Senior Member

for those who got their SA orders, how long did it take? it's been a week for me and still nothing

got my yesterday and im in canada but it was ups

7. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Distinguished Member

x Post from Nau thread.

I have a Friends and Family code (multiple use) for 40% off, w/ free shipping, that I'm encouraged to share. If you're in the market, PM. I've been asked not to post it directly, but I'm happy to offer to anyone who's shopping for their stuff.

8. ranker

ranker Senior Member

Can someone tell me how Barney's runs its sales?

Supposedly the sale it starting this Thursday. Does everything go on sale? Or does that happen at a later date? And does it keep slashing til its sold or do they have set pricepoints they won't go below?

I've got my eye on a few things from Open Ceremony, Wings & Horns, and Rag & Bone. Wondering what the best 'strategy' would be.

9. Kvc06

Kvc06 Distinguished Member

The sale Thursday will most likely be nothing good. The good sale where everything goes on sale starts around December 1st. If you have a VERY good relationship with a sales associate, you will be able to pre-sale items for the good sale now, or within the next week or so. Otherwise you have to wait until the sale is announced to the public. Chances are what you want will be there. You can always call and check if what you want will be going on sale this Thursday, or not until the better sale.

10. ranker

ranker Senior Member

The sale Thursday will most likely be nothing good. The good sale where everything goes on sale starts around December 1st. If you have a VERY good relationship with a sales associate, you will be able to pre-sale items for the good sale now, or within the next week or so. Otherwise you have to wait until the sale is announced to the public. Chances are what you want will be there. You can always call and check if what you want will be going on sale this Thursday, or not until the better sale.
    Ahhhh thanks for the heads up. Do you know what the percentage off is for the good sale? Also, is there another round of discounts after that? or is it most likely a 1-and-done deal. I ask because I've read some stories where SF members 'stalk' and item until it goes into further discount, but I'm not sure if it was Barneys or another store they were talking about. Also, anyone know if SSENSE has any codes still working or if they'll have any upcoming codes/sitewide sales soon?

11. Kvc06

SA told me "around 40%" on most items last night, usually there will be two more rounds of discounts after the first. In my personal opinion your best bet on most items is the second round, as by the third most everything good/good sizes are gone.

12. ranker

ranker Senior Member

SA told me "around 40%" on most items last night, usually there will be two more rounds of discounts after the first. In my personal opinion your best bet on most items is the second round, as by the third most everything good/good sizes are gone.

Once again, great info! Do you happen to know roughly what further percentage is usually taken off and do you know what the time period is on avg for the 2nd and 3rd round?

13. Kvc06

About a month between each I think, and I believe the second is "take an additional 33% off"
    dunno about third.

14. sofaking30

sofaking30 Well-Known Member

Is that the best time for sales? edit: nvm, answered!

15. father's room

father's room Senior Member

Bought Yuketen maine guide boots presale at barneys coop. Great deals on Yuketen.