• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A&S

TEHesketh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by comrade
The extensive press coverage of the problem of integrating non European, particularly Muslim, immigrant populations in France, the UK, Germany, Scandanavia, the Netherlands, Italy Spain, etc., into societies which heretofore had little immigration gives the lie to the the idea of heterogeneous ethnic harmony in Western Europe.

1000 years of anti Jewish ranting distilled and relabelled Muslim. Thats progress for you.

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Frog in Suit
Before we begin to panic, we might want to note that before WWII, there were anti-immigrants (Italian workers) riots in the south of France ("They are taking our jobs from us..."). Now there are many Italian surnames in France and no-one bats an eye.

Considering almost the whole southern French coast was Italian up to what 1860? Italian surnames shouldn't be unusual. Monaco is still run by an Italian Prince
fight[1].gif

Pseudosyco

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TEHesketh
Remind me again of where the Angles and the Saxons came from and where, beside Britain, they and their decesndants migrated to?

Rob

What is now modern day North Germany (Nieder Sachsen, Schleswig Holstein, etc) and Denmark (Jutland). Obviously most of these peoples remained there, and in places on the way to England (the Low Countries).

The cultural distinctiveness of the Saxons in Europe was largely erradicated after Charles the Great's subjugation.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Infrasonic
I think our boys in the UK armed services will be champing at the bit.
Just think; two hour lunch breaks (with a marked improvement in ration packs), shorter working week with better union representation, more time off for looking at french por...sorry arthouse cinema and discussing existential philosophy.

The Pièce de rÃ
00a9.png
sistance? The ability to strike willy nilly because someone looked at you "a bit funny".

2 hours break for lunch?

That is a thing of the past I'm afraid...

Don't forget Mc Do in France is their seconfd best world's market...

Sad but true.

Shorter weeks?

People in the private sector are making up the hours most of the time for free...

The 35 hours are a con...Only the public sector is enjoying the benefits of it...

As overtime are tax free ,a lot of people do more than 35 hours...

The rest is true...

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nicola
Considering almost the whole southern French coast was Italian up to what 1860? Italian surnames shouldn't be unusual. Monaco is still run by an Italian Prince
fight[1].gif

Wrong...

Nice and Savoie were given to France in the 19th century after Napoleon the third helped them being independent..

The rest of the coast line was always French...

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Minor sleeve pitch issues does seem to fix itself over time. My first coat with Chan had a slight pitch issue in which both sleeves are angled a couple of degrees forward, causing ripples around the rear armpit. The those folds slowly disappeared after considerable wear and now my sleeves fall immaculately.

Try going to the gym with your jacket.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by comrade
Even the US with a long history of immigration and an ethos as a self-described
"country of immigrants" is experiencing a negative political reaction on the Right to the
influx of immigrants, largely from Latin America, and therefore "European"and "Christian"
and more easily integrated into the existing society.

This is inaccurate. The mainstream Right opposes illegal immigration from Latin America (or anywhere else). You can choose to believe conservative Americans specifically hate on latinos for some heinously arbitrary, prejudicial reason, or you can realize they are simply emphasizing that our most obvious illegal immigration problem stems from Latin America.

In Europe, it seems many politically moderate people aren't upset about illegal immigration alone, but immigration as a whole. Correct me if I'm mistaken.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WTF happened to this thread? Isn't it supposed to be about A&S?

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slewfoot
WTF happened to this thread? Isn't it supposed to be about A&S?

In this video....

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

...Hitchcock Sr. notes that A&S takes orders for 300 to 400 suits on a three-city US trip. I thought that was interesting.

- B

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
In this video....
...Hitchcock Sr. notes that A&S takes orders for 300 to 400 suits on a three-city US trip. I thought that was interesting.

- B

Thats a lot of suits in a short period of time. I can see why they make so many mistakes.

Doxe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
In this video....

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

- B

Wait! Did Vox just turn a threak back to the actual topic and away from a tangent?

Is this the End of Days???

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members