• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

teach globetrotter about sports coats

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ok, I am sort of leaning towards getting a few patterned sports coats. I haven't had one since I was maybe 22 or so and didn't really like them that much then. but I am leaning toward a few. I will be getting a few solid blazers, too.

I usually wear dark suits - solid and striped, more double breasted than single breasted.

I am short and extremly broad shouldered, not as fat as I used to be, but not thin. gray/light brown hair, fair skin. blue/green eyes.

I am thinking of 2 tweed jackets, one dark gray donogal (with a nailhead type pattern) one dark blue harris (with a heringbone type pattern).

then 2 lightish weight (8-10 ounce) wool/silk cashmere mix jackets. I am thinking of one blue. the other idea I have, and I am not sure about it, is a double breasted black and white houndstooth with a check overlay.

I know that most people seem to get brown jackets - I am not thrilled about brown. I will wear these for non business functions - essentially when I go out with friends in the evening, when I go to the bank when I am not working, basically to bridge the gap from suits to chinos.

I am pretty willing to take ideas, concepts, suggestions - I don't know about sports coats, advice me please.

thanks

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would do a gun club, you will not regret it..

camel is also a great, versatile color, and I highly recommend it.. I have a camel colored coat from Ralph Lauren blue label, one of my favorites..

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
I would do a gun club, you will not regret it..

camel is also a great, versatile color, and I highly recommend it.. I have a camel colored coat from Ralph Lauren blue label, one of my favorites..

+1

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads