• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
Election Day on Facebook. They're all assholes, you're all assholes.

We aren't FB friends and you knew my status update
inlove.gif

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Have an old 1920's white gold pocket watch that I keep around. Had it serviced a few years ago, was running great. Hadn't wound it in a while and began thinking that I should do so to keep the lubrication from congealing, etc.

Wound it this morning and stuck it in the waistband watch pocket of my trousers. Pulled it out and checked the time at lunch...all seems well, keeping good time. Had trouble getting it back into the waistband watch pocket, so I just stuck it back in my hip pocket.

Pulled it back out after lunch. It's stopped at the same time it was on before lunch.
ffffuuuu.gif
Forgot that I carry a magnetic money clip in that pocket. I've now magentized the hairspring which will require a trip to the watchmaker to fix.
ffffuuuu.gif

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just ate a cinnamon bun #fat

CouttsClient

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tested a recipe for some blondies at home today because I needed to be sure the recipe would work for our clients and I KNEW I was going to leave them in the oven too long.

Welp...I was writing an email and forgot to check the time and while tasty, they're a little dry and I need to bake them again. Probably 3min too long. Grrr

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
Election Day on Facebook. They're all assholes, you're all assholes.

Haha. I've been a good boy and refrained from posting obnoxious comments to obnoxious status updates.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I have one bad sprinkler valve in my front yard, and to get all the parts for it took two trips and a phone call, all the the same distributor. I also had to show them that they did, in fact have the part they told me they didn't have, and point them out to the web page that showed it. Once I cleared that hurdle it was smooth sailing. Now I just have to rebuild the valve (which ought not be all that hard).

Bentley

Reaction score
I hate going onto clothing designers web sites. Every single one of them has some text-heavy flash graphics introduction that takes forever to download onto my computer. I always just have to skip these beautiful introductions (not that I want to see them anyhow).

Then, when I get through the introduction, I can't find anything on their site anyhow because it is completely mixed up and confusing.

These sites seem like they were intended to be "works of art" but they are completely impractical for a potential customer who is actually trying to find out information about the products.

CouttsClient

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bentley
I hate going onto clothing designers web sites. Every single one of them has some text-heavy flash graphics introduction that takes forever to download onto my computer. I always just have to skip these beautiful introductions (not that I want to see them anyhow).

Then, when I get through the introduction, I can't find anything on their site anyhow because it is completely mixed up and confusing.

These sites seem like they were intended to be "works of art" but they are completely impractical for a potential customer who is actually trying to find out information about the products.

I agree. I was awake last night and I tried to do some shopping but got frustrated with the bloated websites. I also wish these companies would put their entire catalog available for purchase online

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
something comes up and I have to fly to saudi arabia for the weekend - leaving friday evening, returning monday morning. ****

G0079

Reaction score
Monday morning, a taxi driver passes me on my left as I make a left turn. I stall out, then drive up next to him and get out. He rolls down his window, then tries to get out of the cab but I put my hand down on his door lock to keep him inside because I don't want a full on brawl, I just want to yell at him. He punches me in the face through the window, I retaliate and punch him back in the face through the window...and then we realize we don't want to actually escalate and we drive our separate ways.

******* cabbies.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
something comes up and I have to fly to saudi arabia for the weekend - leaving friday evening, returning monday morning. ****

Zach, you have the most amazing job in the world. Safe travels, friend.

Originally Posted by G0079
Monday morning, a taxi driver passes me on my left as I make a left turn. I stall out, then drive up next to him and get out. He rolls down his window, then tries to get out of the cab but I put my hand down on his door lock to keep him inside because I don't want a full on brawl, I just want to yell at him. He punches me in the face through the window, I retaliate and punch him back in the face through the window...and then we realize we don't want to actually escalate and we drive our separate ways.

******* cabbies.

So we can put you down as a "no" under the Random Acts of Kindness column?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads