• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Synthese
qHqFjl.jpg

This is my absolute favorite Synth DR pic. I love how such a classically styled jacket can still lend itself to proportion play, and the relaxed but focused shape you have going on. Good ****.

dls6128

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sq4you
do you have to wear a suit to an interview at a boutique? that look isn't really "americana" if you ask me. I'm assuming you are into the workwear aesthetic since you want to work at a place like that. given that, I would wear something more in-line with that aesthetic (or maybe even closer to the store's specific aesthetic). most boutiques want their employees to represent what they are selling.
Well, I figured I would wear a suit (or at least jacket/tie) to show that I'm serious about the interview while showing some sense of style. The store is more Americana than workwear, and I'd be worried about dressing down too much. I remember some comments in RFT (?) about dressing in suits for an interview at a department store like Barney's, and I guess I'm trying to channel that advice a little.
Originally Posted by indesertum
also ^^ I think you should ditch the shirt and wear something more conservative like a light blue shirt or a white shirt. its still an interview
Yeah, this is sort of the decision I'm grappling with.
Originally Posted by PaulYAY
dls: that looks really sharp. How much chest clearance do you have with that blazer (p2p vs. your measured)?
Thanks. My measured chest is around a 37, and it's actually a Banana Republic small (off the rack, thanks to ctrlaltelite for the tip). It measures about 20.5" p2p.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot
This is my absolute favorite Synth DR pic. I love how such a classically styled jacket can still lend itself to proportion play, and the relaxed but focused shape you have going on. Good ****.

I just get bored, you know? I was wearing some gap shirt (
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
) to work today with grey jeans and boots, and it was like, so ******* vanilla. got home and felt dirty, so I changed to go out to dinner with my friend. i don't even think i looked good, i'm not ******* delusional, but goddamn it felt better to wear than joe six-pack's ****-kickers and denim, especially with some ****** pants that I frankensteined with a sewing machine all by myself

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you could pull off some loosey-goosey, Yohji style thing. Got to get fewer sneakers in your rotation though
devil.gif
My agenda is to get everyone doing an about face and wearing baggy **** by next year

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
i know. i've actually hit sneaker overload - i looked at my closet and realized that I could have my choice of 4 pairs of white high tops, 2 pairs of grey high tops, one pair of BLUE high tops...or light-colored boots. it's the first time i've ever made a
frown.gif
while putting on my balanciagas

i don't think i know how to wear real shoes

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
haha nice softy, just when I was starting to worry about you

I've been trolling pretty hard for the hell of it. But fear not, I'm a long time caller first time listener.

Alexlude

Reaction score
Originally Posted by unknowinglyforgotten
Hey, how do you know Julie? should take his jacket & pants
I met her thru her friend that my girl is good friends with... had a blast @ the SF party on Saturday, should have came along... small world!

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vashin
It's from a local MTM shop in Toronto. I think the leg opening is slightly too large and will probably get it slimmed down just a touch.

What shop and how much? Were you pleased with it? I'm planning on moving back to TO after I graduate this spring and ought to get a decent suit or two.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm really enjoying colour at the moment.

DSC01090.jpg

anyway, shirt is making me look like i have love handles here. Doesn't look like that IRL. I should just upload some facebook photos or something, i tend to look much more natural in social settings, especially when drunk.

yeah i know same bottom half as all the others. I just got another pair of ervell jeans in khaki, and a pair in black on the way. waiting for a store to get back to me with measurements so i can get the green copper oxide ones. i just love how they fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads