1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

[​IMG]

This is my absolute favorite Synth DR pic. I love how such a classically styled jacket can still lend itself to proportion play, and the relaxed but focused shape you have going on. Good shit.

2. dls6128

dls6128 Senior member

do you have to wear a suit to an interview at a boutique? that look isn't really "americana" if you ask me. I'm assuming you are into the workwear aesthetic since you want to work at a place like that. given that, I would wear something more in-line with that aesthetic (or maybe even closer to the store's specific aesthetic). most boutiques want their employees to represent what they are selling.
    Well, I figured I would wear a suit (or at least jacket/tie) to show that I'm serious about the interview while showing some sense of style. The store is more Americana than workwear, and I'd be worried about dressing down too much. I remember some comments in RFT (?) about dressing in suits for an interview at a department store like Barney's, and I guess I'm trying to channel that advice a little.
    also ^^ I think you should ditch the shirt and wear something more conservative like a light blue shirt or a white shirt. its still an interview
    Yeah, this is sort of the decision I'm grappling with.
    dls: that looks really sharp. How much chest clearance do you have with that blazer (p2p vs. your measured)?
    Thanks. My measured chest is around a 37, and it's actually a Banana Republic small (off the rack, thanks to ctrlaltelite for the tip). It measures about 20.5" p2p.

3. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

This is my absolute favorite Synth DR pic. I love how such a classically styled jacket can still lend itself to proportion play, and the relaxed but focused shape you have going on. Good shit.

I just get bored, you know? I was wearing some gap shirt ([​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] ) to work today with grey jeans and boots, and it was like, so fucking vanilla. got home and felt dirty, so I changed to go out to dinner with my friend. i don't even think i looked good, i'm not fucking delusional, but goddamn it felt better to wear than joe six-pack's shit-kickers and denim, especially with some shitty pants that I frankensteined with a sewing machine all by myself

4. softy

softy Senior member

I think you could pull off some loosey-goosey, Yohji style thing. Got to get fewer sneakers in your rotation though [​IMG] My agenda is to get everyone doing an about face and wearing baggy shit by next year

5. Synthese

i know. i've actually hit sneaker overload - i looked at my closet and realized that I could have my choice of 4 pairs of white high tops, 2 pairs of grey high tops, one pair of BLUE high tops...or light-colored boots. it's the first time i've ever made a [​IMG] while putting on my balanciagas

i don't think i know how to wear real shoes

6. softy

softy Senior member

haha nice softy, just when I was starting to worry about you

I've been trolling pretty hard for the hell of it. But fear not, I'm a long time caller first time listener.

7. softy

softy Senior member

8. Nil

Nil Senior member

hahah. awesome man. Kind of an inside internet fashion costume but funny
    http://www.bpmmagazine.net/2010/06/d...t-by-john-woo/

you look good in that

I was wondering why that Boba Fett fit looked so damn familiar.

9. Synthese

I was wondering why that Boba Fitt looked so damn familiar.

ftfy

10. Alexlude

Alexlude Senior member

Hey, how do you know Julie? should take his jacket & pants
    I met her thru her friend that my girl is good friends with... had a blast @ the SF party on Saturday, should have came along... small world!

11. Meis

Meis Senior member

@ dls - where are the pants from?

12. Listi

Listi Senior member

It's from a local MTM shop in Toronto. I think the leg opening is slightly too large and will probably get it slimmed down just a touch.

What shop and how much? Were you pleased with it? I'm planning on moving back to TO after I graduate this spring and ought to get a decent suit or two.

13. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

I'm really enjoying colour at the moment.

[​IMG]

anyway, shirt is making me look like i have love handles here. Doesn't look like that IRL. I should just upload some facebook photos or something, i tend to look much more natural in social settings, especially when drunk.

yeah i know same bottom half as all the others. I just got another pair of ervell jeans in khaki, and a pair in black on the way. waiting for a store to get back to me with measurements so i can get the green copper oxide ones. i just love how they fit.

14. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.