• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
From the early 2000s blueline batch that was MIJ and designed by Godmother herself. Over four years and still going...
img0235tc.jpg
img0237f.jpg
img0236r.jpg
img0238op.jpg
img0239rb.jpg
img0244iw.jpg
img0245mx.jpg
img0250s.jpg

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great pair of jeans - I'm in the market for the same exact style/wash. I'm just starting to check out ebay listings and my biggest worry about RRL jeans is sizing. What are some general guidelines when buying RRL jeans? TIA.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Hate to burst your bubble but you won't find the exact style/wash. Closest thing would be the Low Straight in terms of cut but the indigo used is completely different these days. Here's how they looked raw:
cimg0104.jpg
Sizing depends on the year, the cut, and the wash. Newer washes tend to be TTS or smaller than tagged, however, it's more an exception than a rule. The raw/one-rinses tend to be a little bit bigger than tagged. I remember after I tried on the Low Straights a few years back, my recommendation was to size down one. I recently picked up a pair and went down two because a tagged 32 measured ~34" and the rise isn't that low (10"~). I've seen fewer and fewer of what I'd call the "mid-00s" models on ebay that came with a different back patch, hang tag, etc. and haven't seen my RRLs in years, so it's a bit safer these days when handing out a rule of thumb for sizing. Still, my advice is always to try on a pair first if possible or get measurements at the very least. You simply can't buy blind regardless of what article of clothing you're buying from RRL. Makes buying fun...

BlueEggs

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Nice crotch patch on the early 2000's jeans. I find the RRL jeans are very good quality because the denim is so thick. The shirts on the other hand are not so good. I bought a heavy, RRL wool button down shirt two years and already two buttons have fallen off. I bought the S/S 10' RRL green chambray only a couple months ago and a button has fallen off. It's crazy because I have never really had buttons fall off any shirts I have ever owned let alone ones that retail for $250.

jenkinslaw

Reaction score
In terms of quality of materials and construction, RRL is tops in my wardrobe. However, I've had button issues, as well. Annoying, but certainly no deal-breaker.

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eglbc
Is this shirt over the top? I tried it on and liked it quite a lot, but the lady thought otherwise. Not sure if its just me or what.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Ralph-Lauren...item2c57d06a19

seller is charging $80 over retail on it. i know its sold out at most places but thats overkill. i have a size medium i'm going to sell soon.

btw, this is my first post. registered a few minutes ago... found styleforum on a random RRL forum search. whats up fellas.

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
had a guy come into work in the Bowery boots, red chambray shirt, low straights with huge cuff and a leather militarily style jacket all RRL. He was Japanese, not that it matters, and rocking the **** out of it. I really want the Bowery boot now
frown.gif

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Souper
Jeez, this is great.. My hank dyed nat indigo jeans I got around the same time still look raw.
Thanks. Wore them religiously for a year and a half straight. Even at a year I had hardly anything to show for them. Slowly rotated them in with other projects like my 5EPs but haven't had the same kind of dedication since then. A little under a year:
cimg2604.jpg

theRRshop

Reaction score
You can still get the BLACK BOWERY BOOT at the Mansion Store on Madison. ($850.00)
blk.jpg

----
The other two limited colors can be found....
but you'll pay about $2,000.00 for those.
I can get some sizes if you need.

Many know I sell RRL....
Sold maybe 8 pairs of the Bowery Boot.

RRLboot001.jpg

RL006.jpg

urt.jpg

First Bowery Boot introduced in 2009

http://theRRshop.com

No I don't work for RRL, but spend much money there.

Originally Posted by phoenixrecon
had a guy come into work in the Bowery boots, red chambray shirt, low straights with huge cuff and a leather militarily style jacket all RRL. He was Japanese, not that it matters, and rocking the **** out of it. I really want the Bowery boot now
frown.gif

Melo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by phoenixrecon
frown.gif

Should have snapped some stealth pics ha.

I recently kopped a pair of RRL denim off ebay. Not sure what year they are from but they are nice, overdyed black, low slim, black-line selvedge. Real soft hand feel too, like my other pair from them. I'm new to RRL but it seems to me like they are really underrated, nice pair of jeans.

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
still trying to familiarize myself with this forum, is there a polo thread other than this one (RRL)?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads