Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

1. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

From the early 2000s blueline batch that was MIJ and designed by Godmother herself. Over four years and still going... [​IMG] hey who...these are great. four years!....thanks for posting.

2. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

Thanks. Wore them religiously for a year and a half straight. Even at a year I had hardly anything to show for them.

i believe that! i've had mine 6 weeks and the plan was to go a year without washing. naturally, i got pissed on by a dog and my sister sprayed gasoline all over me so they have been washed twice in the past 5 days.[​IMG] [​IMG]

there's absolutely no color loss aside from a tiny bit of back pocket wallet wear. here's to keeping them clean!

3. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

here's one of my favorite RRL bags. well, i only have one haha. got it for under $200 at the old polo store in the 70s before it merged with the mansion, retail was $800+. it was sitting high on top of a ladder and no one thought to scoop it up, during one of their sales last year. an SA told me it was part of their Ringside Collection. [​IMG]

4. King Leer

King Leer Senior member

Nice bag. I peeped that one a while back. Got some RRL Pants for sale if anyone is interested...

5. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

thanks. anyone see that plaid red vertical duffel from this season?

6. theRRshop

theRRshop Senior member

7. theRRshop

theRRshop Senior member

8. the_pole

the_pole Senior member

Which APC jean fits like the RRL Slim Fit , NC or PS

9. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

[​IMG]

thats the one. price tag is high, but i have my eye on it as soon as there's a sale.

10. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

btw, i've been backreading whenever i have the chance and i'm not sure if this was addressed or not, but a SA mentioned that RRL has a website in the works. when it will go live is TBD.

11. theRRshop

theRRshop Senior member

btw, i've been backreading whenever i have the chance and i'm not sure if this was addressed or not, but a SA mentioned that RRL has a website in the works. when it will go live is TBD.

I doubt very much that they will create a website to sell RRL.
    After all they must keep it some-what limited and not mass marketed, or they could damage the RRL image, of being limited and harder to get.

Right now they do have:

http://www.doublerl.com

12. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

I doubt very much that they will create a website to sell RRL.
    After all they must keep it some-what limited and not mass marketed, or they could damage the RRL image, of being limited and harder to get.

Right now they do have:

http://www.doublerl.com

Some other operation owns RRL.com

I tried to buy the website off the current owner.... but he wouldn't sell.

i never said they were going to sell RRL, but that a website was in the works. maybe it's going to just show images of the current collection, maybe it will sell product, who knows. the SA who told me could very well be mistaken, but that's what he said. doesnt matter to me either way, since i reside in NY.

13. King Leer

King Leer Senior member

I wonder if he would really get a website; seems unlikely but then again they could do it just to stay ahead of the curve.

I have heard rumblings that Ralph himself was adamant that he hoped the RRL Denim line itself could get more exposure to the masses as the pinnacle of Raw Denim.

14. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

thats interesting, never heard that. i'm not big into the denim like most ppl in this thread, but i do like their pants and shorts alot. goes without saying their tops and outerwear as well.

15. el duderino

el duderino Senior member

Did anyone find out what RRL will be on sale for the upcoming sale? Was bummed to hear only Outlaw was included, but wanted to double check what others may have heard from a SA.