• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

quasky

Reaction score
saw that "whip my hair" video the other day. noticed most of the costumes had riri zips. decided i spend too much time on the internet.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sq4you
i think he's just mad he can't buy augustas as sick as mine in new zealand.

when did you get augustas? post pics please!

then when we are in the bus these two 15 year old black girls sit down near us and start messing with me and magician. unfortunately, they were so ghetto i could hardly understand what they were saying. having spent lots of his youth in "urban environments," magician managed to interpret for me. one of them was wearing these super fug air jordans. i asked her why she wears boys shoes and if she was so mad because she couldn't get a boyfriend. she then told us her shoes were "ovah 2 hundred dollas". then she asked me if i was wearing chucks and how much they cost. she also "aksed" magician how much his purple jacket cost. magician said he got it from a friend (aka ghulkan). so she then asked "what? you can't afford your own clothes?"

epic night in the hood.

no doubt what they're saying is pretty dumb, but they're 15yo girls!

To some people $200 is a lot of money. She obviously really likes her air jordans and i bet there are a lot of people who like them more than your lanvins.

The whole post just reeks of condescension. Also no need to mock people for the way they speak.

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
The whole post just reeks of condescension. Also no need to mock people for the way they speak.

This exactly. Sq you seem like an alright guy but I don't know why you thought we'd like you more after reading a hundred words of you trash-talking poor people. Also how is it their fault for not speaking to you in Standard Written English, especially when you can't use it to produce an entertaining story. I mean come on guy, you had all that material and you didn't do anything with it. Try harder. Write better.

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot
This exactly. Sq you seem like an alright guy but I don't know why you thought we'd like you more after reading a hundred words of you trash-talking poor people. Also how is it their fault for not speaking to you in Standard Written English, especially when you can't use it to produce an entertaining story. I mean come on guy, you had all that material and you didn't do anything with it. Try harder. Write better.

however hard it may be to believe, i didn't post that story with the aspiration of people on SF liking me more. it wasn't even written to make anyone laugh. it was a narration of events, pretty accurate to what happened. "how is it their fault that they don't speak in an intelligible way?" who else's fault would that be exactly? and when did I say they were poor? the fat bish was wearing burberry london and the one ghetto bish was wearing 200$ air jordans. magician can testify that all three bishes started harassing us out of the blue. we were actually quite cordial given the situation.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
however hard it may be to believe, i didn't post that story with the aspiration of people on SF liking me more. it wasn't even written to make anyone laugh. it was a narration of events, pretty accurate to what happened. "how is it their fault that they don't speak in an intelligible way?" who else's fault would that be exactly? and when did I say they were poor? the fat bish was wearing burberry london and the one ghetto bish was wearing 200$ air jordans. magician can testify that all three bishes started harassing us out of the blue. we were actually quite cordial given the situation.
I mean, I'm a huge dick about proper written English, but spoken, colloquial English is derived from a person's direct surroundings. If everyone else around those "fat bishes" spoke ebonics, the "fat bishes" are going to speak ebonics, too. You can criticize their fashion and their attitudes towards you, but it becomes condescending when you insult them for their upbringing (which, if anything, was not by choice).

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
the ghetto bishes weren't fat; they were just chubby. the fat bish was perfectly understandable.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
the ghetto bishes weren't fat; they were just chubby. the fat bish was perfectly understandable.

American chubby is fat by world standards.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
lol at you guys getting angry. I'm still waiting for the ms paint version.

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
lol at you guys getting angry. I'm still waiting for the ms paint version.

lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
tell me about it. i tell a story exactly as it happened in real life and where neither of us even insult the bishes and somehow people get all
cloud.gif
and
baldy[1].gif

sadly, its not MS paint worthy. the girls just went on and on about me and magician and if we "go together." the only thing amusing about it was watching the self-deprecating bishes p0wn themselves. the rest was pretty sad.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You guys are missing the context.

We were leaving this bar pretty late and we only shared bottle service with these 2 girls (these other 2 didn't even ******* show up - but cant let the goose go to waste) so we were pretty drunk and one of the girls had splashed champagne on his Lanvin leather and my Prorsum blazer. And then Sq4you's car service didn't pick up so we had to take the ******* bus.

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
see, if i had actually included that part of the story, people would just think i was being condescending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads