• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sticking to the easy options today:

oct21006.jpg

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Savile Row Thursday: three piece banker suit, FC shirt, woven stripe tie, black Cleverleys. I need a bowler hat.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Savile Row Thursday: three piece banker suit, FC shirt, woven stripe tie, black Cleverleys. I need a bowler hat.

If you get one, I positively insist we see pics of the overall look in this thread.
wink.gif

kulata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by harry2quinn
Great cufflinks.

Nice shoes. Won't get into the shirts topic except to say they don't look incredibly out of place to my admittedly less-trained eyes.

With a couple of my odd jackets at the tailor, the same three jackets are cycled through on these pics. But I guess that's the challenge, right - making do with what you have to produce something fresh
blush.gif

Vintage jacket, Guess shirt, RLBL pants, Nagrani socks, AE Fairfax shoes.

IMG_1360.jpg

Rubinacci shirt, Incotex pants, Allen Edmonds belt, Pal Zileri shoes.
IMG_1337.jpg

Bespoke orphaned suit jacket, Robert Talbott shirt, Mabitex pants, Nagrani socks, EG monks.

IMG_1355.jpg

IMG_1354.jpg

Saturday night: BR shirt, LGC belt, D&G jacket, Levi 501s, AE beater shoes.

IMG_1346.jpg

Chester Barrie shirt, D&G jacket, Robert Talbott PS, Mabitex pants, Saks house label argyle socks, Barker shoes.

IMG_1324.jpg

IMG_1316.jpg

Very nice

ndw

Reaction score
Having another go at it this morning...

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mantonbrioni ??

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
What would you rock it with?

Maybe a dark tan or chocolate cord or moleskin?

ndw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by IST66
993d7228.jpg

Really like this shirt. Mind providing details on the maker?

Originally Posted by SpooPoker
bbc14756.jpg

I would have gone with a different tie, perhaps a dark green, but I like the suit and that PS is great.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What % of your arsenal makes up garments produuced after 2001? I ask this seriously.
Rough estimate of my post 2001 stuff: Suits - 30% Odd coats - 30-40% Trou - 100% Shirts - 100% Ties - 20% Shoes - 60% I have interesting tastes that are hard to satisfy without going really upmarket (eg sacks and tweeds). And I haven't the budget for bespoke. So I thrift and troll eBay and AAAC Trad Thrift Exchange. Small-timer creedo: No need to buy new when I can get NOS or lightly worn used.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mmkn
Stick around son, it's always good to learn to put into words how you feel about clothing. [besides for WTF were you thinking?]

You also need to get off your transference of Alex's and Jon's creations.

Leave the past to the past, you'll enjoy this clothing hobby more.

- M

I didn't comment on Alex's shirt, because I can't see it. I am sure it is nice. The suit, and the suit you linked, are awful. The common factor in the two posts is not my dislike for Jon Green, a man whom I do not know, but the shabbiness of fit and styling of the suits. Sorry.

I am, however, happy for you that you like them, but when I see those pics, I don't see you, and a don't see somebody comfortable, I see angular cloth sticking out at angles like a compound fracture.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luftvier
Like this a lot. Good color balance and use of bow. Looks good as is - wouldn't want more sloppytura with this.

Thanks Lufty.

Today: A distinctly fall-like chill in the air. 3 piece flannel helps combat that (1976 3/2 sack from Brooks). I really can't understand the paisley haters out there.
5100812894_f4479e3293_z.jpg

5100213789_c02446cc0d_z.jpg

5100812528_fcfb76871c_z.jpg

5100215025_90db5ac639_z.jpg

5100813646_01ee3fca46_z.jpg

5100813112_9a172ca6a4_z.jpg

Like the suit and tie very much. Collar on shirt I think is an issue.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug
Whatever man. You're just the type of dude that I would pound out just for GP. I look forward to it.
smile.gif

Now go ahead, get me banned vaginal man.

Priceless.

Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
This jacket is on the verge of being too large.
frown.gif

3144jg4.jpg

Great SC. I would have liked to see it more dressed up than down.

Glad it got there safe and fast C - Enjoy!

Thanks man.

Nice fit as well. Shoes have a great patina.

Thanks, Spoo.

Originally Posted by mmkn
No. It's actually the fourth iteration of a collar shape framing my face [angles continuing my mandibular lines] that Mr. Kabbaz has done for me.

I was about to do a comparison of two of the top tier bespoke shirtmakers [Alexander Kabbaz and Renee Bassetti] and my favorite RTW [Jil Sander] shirts for Eustace Tilley, but on further relfection I realize that the bespoke relationship is a very personal and private one between the makers and their client. I have an immense amount of respect for these makers and what they are capable of, and so will respect what they specifically have done for me.

That said, as far as fit, I only wear Mr. Kabbaz's shirts to my fittings with Mr. Green.

Paging Voxsartoria, paging Voxsartoria.

Originally Posted by Phat Guido
The silence is deafening..
101021-1.jpg

Excellent.

You need to post a pic.

bbc14756.jpg

a6ee4cc4.jpg

Another good combo, Spoo.

Mike

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
Like the suit and tie very much. Collar on shirt I think is an issue.

Mike

Please elaborate.
teacha.gif

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please elaborate.
teacha.gif

I think the shape of the collar may be fine, but it seems to need some additional attention with the iron.
smile.gif
I would also have a tried a slightly wider spread to see how I liked that.

I really like the fact that you are a young attorney and you are dressing properly. Our profession has really devolved into a slobfest. I know firsthand, because I was there myself....wallowing in ill fitting "comfort" clothes for quite some time. My office is casual and most here think I am a bit eccentric. However, the fact remains that when I wear these clothes I feel like a professional, and my work product reflects that feeling.

Mike

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a feeling this is going to be A Strange Day...

Fit_102110_01.jpg
Fit_102110_02.jpg

Fit_102110_03.jpg
Fit_102110_04.jpg

Just trying to get A Reflection...
Fit_102110_05.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads