• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett&Jones: 337 last vs 348 ?

NAVA23

Reaction score
Purchased Clifford this weekend in NYC. Beautiful shoe! Came home with 7E UK. My Drummond and Hallam are 7.5E UK. Are the lasts that different? Any thoughts? Thanks

Omega Man

Reaction score
If they both fit, you are a happy camper. I think the 348 is a bit more elongated.

Spark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Huge difference between the two - the 337 is much, much wider; 348 has a very tight toe box,

NAVA23

Reaction score
Well, it turns out the 7E are too tight. Don't know what happened? As the store they felt OK but this morning they did not fit as well. I am cosidering sizing up to 7.5E or consider the Drummond in Tan on the 337 last. Has anyone had fir issues with the 348 last?

Omega Man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAVA23
Well, it turns out the 7E are too tight. Don't know what happened? As the store they felt OK but this morning they did not fit as well. I am cosidering sizing up to 7.5E or consider the Drummond in Tan on the 337 last. Has anyone had fir issues with the 348 last?

I wear the same size on both 348 and 337 last. 337 last is more roomier and I think it is only available on the Handgrades (i.e. Clifford). Drummond is benchgrade, so I don't think you can get it on 337. The Handgrades are priced higher. Were they priced the same at the store?

rabiesinfrance

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAVA23

Tried the 348 in my size, too tight. Half a size up, too big! The model I was looking at only came in an E width, so I'm stuck. Not to my taste anyway. I'm not a fan of the 337, but I may take a second look. The Clifford looks great. I don't fit the 341 last that well, and it's too pointy.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not a fan of either last. Too elongated. I prefer the 317 --- which happens to be the only last that fits my wide feet.

NAVA23

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rabiesinfrance
Tried the 348 in my size, too tight. Half a size up, too big! The model I was looking at only came in an E width, so I'm stuck. Not to my taste anyway. I'm not a fan of the 337, but I may take a second look. The Clifford looks great. I don't fit the 341 last that well, and it's too pointy.

Yes, they are the same price at the store from what I've seen.

DmitryKP

Reaction score
Good morning!

I want to buy the 348th block. What size to choose?
the block 337 at a rate of 7 is almost ideal. Only a heel at me very narrow. Therefore in a heel on width it is very free. But in a sock on width end-to-end.
the block 341 at a rate of 7 draws in. In a heel and on the center for width it is excellent. But in a sock on width presses a little finger.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads