• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dls6128

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big Pun
Same boring stuff, won't be posting any more fits for a while.

Creepy bathroom pic to show shirt detail, thinking of selling it. Neckhole is too big for me to pull off IMO. What do y'alls think?

I looked at this and thought that it was Hendrix's best fit, and then I checked the username.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Listi
Morning fit:

I feel like you're channeling the evil villain to Uncontrol's Japanese RPG protagonist in the first fit (though, let's face it, most RGP villains aren't fashion-forward enough to rock an asymmetrical hem).

Like the jeans. I think I've seen you post them before, but what are they? And are they that shiny in real life, or is that the flash/lighting doing that?

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bigpun jeans are killing that fit. best would be black slim, tapered trousers in a lightweight wool or cotton.

LOOK AT HOW THESE PIECES ARE STYLED AND WORN BY THE DESIGNERS AND BOUTIQUES PEOPLE
. (not just aimed at you big pun)

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Synthese
evening fit would be so sick with slim trousers/ silver boots

I think maybe the casual one needs another layer under the coat/ over the shirt?

Thanks for this advice, I'm picturing it and it sounds good. I agree, I've really been wanting to cop some ultra-slim Dior trousers or something I just don't have the cash. And silver boots I never though of, but that would probably be pretty amazing.

I agree the casual one looks a little stark, that's why I was thinking neckcessories. The coat has very slim shoulders, I might be able to do another layer under it but it wouldn't be very easy. Adding a patterned tie I think was key to avoiding "too much solid space" with the more formal fit, so I'm going to look into some neckcessories. Ann D feather is sickkkkk, but can you even get it anymore/I doubt it's within my price range for that sort of accessory.

@notwithit: lol thanks I take being compared to uncontrol as a compliment even though I'm definitely not on his level yet although I'd definitely consider him an influence on my fits especially in the footwear department. :p The jeans are Nudies, Thin Finn Dry Black Coated. Yes, they are shiny in real life, although less so than in the pictures because I had to noodle around in photoshop to get the detail on the shirt and ended up making the jeans shinier.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
first one is bad ass.

Morning fit:
1RGgp.jpg

^^^I need neck-cessories... That's what is missing from this fit.

Evening fit:
foDV5.jpg

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I was definitely thinking something more along the lines of layered tee/tank than a knit. I just think that with the single asymmetrical hem of the shirt, there needs to be something to break up all that space, like you said. Even if you layered a white tee in the same cut under the black one, I think it would help - although, mostly, as you've mentioned, it's the neck area that looks like it needs some added volume.

How warm is the coat? It looks like it's only a cut-away but can it wrap/button as well?

Also, those are thin finns??1?!?1 damn. those look good, probably the best of any fit you've posted imo

Oh, also, evening fit would be killer with gilet for ultimate victorian vampire steez

Suicmez

Reaction score
Listi, great fits, but serious question:
How many
confused.gif
looks did you get on campus when you wore the first fit?
I mean, I may very well know more people who go to Queen's than you do (just from high school connections...think 25% of every graduating class goes there), and I know how harsh that place can be.
laugh.gif

But more importantly, how many
inlove.gif
looks did you get from the true blood loving girls there?

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
fail troll is fail

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Morning fit:
1RGgp.jpg

^^^I need neck-cessories... That's what is missing from this fit.

Evening fit:
foDV5.jpg

Nice, you remind me of a younger version of 'christian' from the stylezeitgeist forums. Keep it up.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
second listi fit needs db waistcoat and dior-esque tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads