Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Mmmm mmm, I'm getting some passable Chinese pizza tonight for just 3x the price of in America!

2. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Wait, there was a KelvxJetxShell SF friends (does not sound as good as superfriends) meetup?! Actually, cigar smoke doesn't tend to affect me at all but a single cig can ruin a night (then again, cigar smokers aren't normally the same assholes that always stand upwind of people and blow smoke in their faces....)

3. theom-

theom- Senior member

4. Listi

Listi Senior member

Listi, great fits, but serious question: How many [​IMG] looks did you get on campus when you wore the first fit? I mean, I may very well know more people who go to Queen's than you do (just from high school connections...think 25% of every graduating class goes there), and I know how harsh that place can be. [​IMG] But more importantly, how many [​IMG] looks did you get from the true blood loving girls there?
    I literally get so many looks that I tune them out almost automatically. I don't really worry about it anymore. Reaction to my clothing in Kingston is very mixed, while in Toronto its much more positive. I'm assuming people will get used to me walking around dressed in wild clothing since it's almost all the time.
    How warm is the coat? It looks like it's only a cut-away but can it wrap/button as well? Also, those are thin finns??1?!?1 damn. those look good, probably the best of any fit you've posted imo Oh, also, evening fit would be killer with gilet for ultimate victorian vampire steez
    Oh my god, you and Jet are right about waistcoat/gilet, some day. It has one button, but the cut does not work for me while buttoned. It's got a really weird construction, it's designed to fan out when open, which is awesome... but in order to do this there is excess fabric in the hip portion of the coat which is unflattering when buttoned. It is fall weight, I would consider it acceptable down to 0C, but I'm used to long Canadian winters. You'll definitely be warm at 5C though.

5. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Taken by SoCal2NYC last night in NYC:

[​IMG]

6. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

Come visit Baltimore LK. We have tons of fey debauchery. Though the drink choices may be a little more um lacking.....

7. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Come visit Baltimore LK. We have tons of fey debauchery. Though the drink choices may be a little more um lacking.....

If there's champagne, it's fine.

I like to have people over for champagne in my hotel room.

8. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

VC yellow label? I'd pass

9. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

No, I buy the smaller/lesser-known houses like Gosset, Delamotte or Ruinart.

10. raags

raags Senior member

[​IMG]

been trying to do a similiar thing but haven't executed it half as well as you. love it mate.

11. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

No, I buy the smaller/lesser-known houses like Gosset, Delamotte or Ruinart.

Dom Ruinart is a sleeper value, I'd gladly drink that. Delamotte has a semi-sec, I believe?

12. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Dom Ruinart is a sleeper value, I'd gladly drink that. Delamotte has a semi-sec, I believe?

Ruinart also has a nice bottle shape.

I'm not aware of the semi-sec, but according to the Frenchman at the Upper East Side liquor store, sweet champagnes are very hard to find.

Delamotte is the sister brand to Salon Champagne, which is considered one of the best ones available.

13. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

Ruinart also has a nice bottle shape. I'm not aware of the semi-sec, but according to the Frenchman at the Upper East Side liquor store, sweet champagnes are very hard to find. Delamotte is the sister brand to Salon Champagne, which is considered one of the best ones available.
    You have to add a shitload of residual sugar to the batch for it to be a semi-sec. I think most champagne enthusiasts would find this rather off-putting and detrimental to the tasting.

14. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

You have to add a shitload of residual sugar to the batch for it to be a semi-sec. I think most champagne enthusiasts would find this rather off-putting and detrimental to the tasting.

The dry style is relatively recent. I've had some cloyingly sweet Russian "champagnes" before.

15. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

pizzeriza mozza [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

i miss california [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.