• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by basho.dc
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4105/...22301d1e_z.jpg

Any feedback will be appreciated thanks you.
fight[1].gif

Some will surely criticize the pinstriped SC on the ground that it looks like an orphaned coat from a suit. But this is a pinstriped SC that, to my eye at least, looks very much like a SC. I like it.

Originally Posted by Threadbearer
Pass or fail? Say why.
For the sake of context, I was out running Saturday errands and having coffee with Mrs. Thread this morning. And for the sake of full disclosure, the slacks have cargo pockets that are hard to see here.

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/w...s/Front-20.jpg

Perhaps I'm more uncompromising than I should be on this issue, but I really think the exposed T-shirt is a very bad look. A T-shirt is an undergarment. Also, I would suggest sizing down a bit on the sweater. On the other hand, I actually like the cargo pocket on your trousers--it's a nice casual look.

Originally Posted by luftvier

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4153/...936533a4_z.jpg

I like the gun club check a lot--I need to get one for myself. I think you've paired it perfectly with the wine-colored trousers.

Originally Posted by basho.dc

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4150/...fc971fb6_b.jpg

This is great! I'm not sure how much this is a function of camera angle or the way you're standing, but the skirt on your SC seems perfect to me. That's the part of my SCs that I'm most frustrated with, and your post is really the model for what I'd like to have.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luftvier
Thanks, and yes - shells. Congrats on 11 years. And damn, that's a cute dog.
Originally Posted by spoozy
This is great. This is an awesome coat.
Originally Posted by niidawg3
- Congrats UC ... many more happy years for you and yours. - The jacket looks very nice ... especially for the price. - Super cute dog ... lol.
Originally Posted by Holdfast
Coat looks very cool in that second pic.
Thanks guys.
cheers.gif
Originally Posted by ndw
@Urbancomposition- Congrats on the wedding anniversary. New coat looks nice - hard to tell but it looks like you may need to shorten the sleeves a bit. I may have gone with different shoes to. I miss the bay area. Do you live in San Fran, Oakland or Berkeley?
Yeah, the sleeves definitely need to be shortened at least an inch, but since I just got it yesterday, I haven't had time to. What kind of shoes would you have chosen? We're currently living in Berkeley, but moving to San Francisco in about a month, as soon as the new apt renovations are done. Trying to catch all our favorite Berkeley spots before we move, and the campus is definitely one of them, as well as the original Peets, Cheese Board, Saul's, Pane Italia, Ippuku...too many to mention.

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
I pretty much made the joke obvious, in hindsight
laugh.gif

Happy anniversary, UC, and best wishes for many more.

Mark me down as a another admirer of the coat.

Lufty, the gun club looks great.

Tibor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_7105.jpg

Modern Hugo Boss OTR, light navy Wool, 6x2
1940's Stetson Slate Gray Whippet with 2 11/16 inch brim
Alan Edmonds Black cap-toe shoes

someotherstyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tibor
Brilliant color pallete!
worship.gif

Thanks Tibor. I gotta say, you are one of my favorite posters here. You have the balls to pull off (and look damn good) doing things I could never do. Keep doing your stuff!

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tibor
IMG_7105.jpg

Modern Hugo Boss OTR, light navy Wool, 6x2
1940's Stetson Slate Gray Whippet with 2 11/16 inch brim
Alan Edmonds Black cap-toe shoes

Consistently, you show us how to wear a fedora. A good picture.

sartorialjump

Reaction score
Attachment 51069

Hello, this is my first post from cold Sweden.

I look forward to post more pictures in time, that are taken more recently then this old chump. I'm also looking forward to discuss clothes and everything around it.

Cherrio
S

Tibor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sartorialjump
Attachment 51069

Hello, this is my first post from cold Sweden.

I look forward to post more pictures in time, that are taken more recently then this old chump. I'm also looking forward to discuss clothes and everything around it.

Cherrio
S

Hello S, welcome to Style Forum. It is a pleasure and a privilege having you on the forum. I personally have found the Swedish to exemplify civility and kindness. If you have any questions feel free to PM me. Have a wonderful day and please do stay warm. Cheers.

Tibor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by someotherstyle
Thanks Tibor. I gotta say, you are one of my favorite posters here. You have the balls to pull off (and look damn good) doing things I could never do. Keep doing your stuff!

That means a lot coming from you. Thank you.

Tibor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clarinetplayer
Consistently, you show us how to wear a fedora. A good picture.

Thank you Clarinet Player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics