• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

ridiculous

Reaction score
What is the difference between the Original Desert Boot and the Bushacre version?

Thanks!

ridiculous

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hboogz
crepe vs hard rubber sole.
Is the difference between those two is that crepe is more comfortable and rubber lasts longer? How do the boots hold up in weather like rain and snow? Should I get a protective spray? As for durability will these work with walking to class everyday?

Thanks!

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think the color of leather is also a little different beesewax buschare
shoes_ia30213.jpg
and reg beesewax
clarksbdb_new.jpg

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ridiculous
Is the difference between those two is that crepe is more comfortable and rubber lasts longer? How do the boots hold up in weather like rain and snow? Should I get a protective spray? As for durability will these work with walking to class everyday?

Thanks!

I suppose that's one way to look at it, but it all comes down to personal preference -- Order both from a place that has free return shipping and check them out.

Depends how severe, but IME, crepes don't hold up well in rain let alone snow.

I always apply a leather protectant on all my shoes, FWIW

I won't bother answering your last question. Especially considering flip-flops are par the course for that kind of activity, so i'm sure you can figure that one out.

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ive tried them on and they seem to fit just the same

u can find them at famous footwear, nordstrom rack, and dsw stores

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
Originally Posted by snuff_daddy
ive tried them on and they seem to fit just the same

u can find them at famous footwear, nordstrom rack, and dsw stores

Thanks. I like those brown suede ones. What I never liked about the regular brown db's was the brown sole edge.

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is it ok if these are bit tight across the top of my toes? especially my big toe?
otherwise the shoe seems to fit fine except its kinda hurting my big toe from above.

i am going down a half size from my normal size.

Harrington

Reaction score
They'll stretch, especially in that area. I had the same problem - though only with my suede DBs, the leather pair fit fine - and the toebox just stretched out over time. Are yours suede or leather?

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they are beeswax leather ones.
i also bought a pair of sand suedes in the same size which do feel as snug in top of the toes but because its suede i dont feel any pain per say. just snugness, i havent worn either much at all bc i wasnt sure about sizing

its weird, i have never had shoes that hurt me only from the top of the toe!
so they will stretch enough though? it was rather painful though i can wiggle my toes.

Harrington

Reaction score
The leather DBs stretch decently, though the suede definitely expand more in my experience. That said, I don't ever remember either kind being painful on me, at any stage, and like you both my pairs are the same size. If you're confident in the sizing overall - if the next half-size up was definitely too big - then a rubdown with mink oil will soften them up and break them in more easily. Edit: Just don't go crazy with the mink, because that leather will wrinkle like hell.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads