• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ex lied about being pregnant! thanks for all your help.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
She tricked him. This is her fault.

No.

Originally Posted by hendrix
He's still responsible legally, and if it is his kid he should do the right thing.

it's not the end of the world.

Yes, you redeemed yourself nicely here.

Originally Posted by BlackShoes
but make sure to emphasise that she will get nothing from you.

If the baby is born, the OP has no choice in the matter; he will pay.

Originally Posted by deranged
I don't think i have the capability to raise a child financially, or emotionally.

...i will not be there for either her or the child emotionally. financially maybe, but that's another matter because i'll be in school for another couple of years.

Again, you have no choice; if you are the father, the law will collect money from you to support the child, at least until it is 18 years old. Here in the U.S., your wages will be garnished to make sure the bill is paid. If you do not pay, you will likely lose your drivers license, and I've heard of people losing their passport.

Dodging child support is a really stupid thing to consider.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thank you all for your input, i will update as soon as there i get more info.

she was very rational and we calculated that the fetus/blastocyst is only a bit over a week old - gives me 19 more weeks to work with.
she is very against the abortion pill because she is scared of the cramps and 3 weeks of bleeding, so she is considering the "surgical" method if she decides to abort.

No advise or judgment either way. Just some information.

I don't know what week you think is your deadline, but if she's missed her period she's 4-5 weeks pregnant, not one week. The age of pregnancy is based upon the date of the beginning of the last known period. 40 weeks from that date is the expected delivery.

Moreover, you don't want to wait until the last legal week to have the surgical procedure because there are several possible procedures; fewer options are available the later you get.

BlackShoes

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube

If the baby is born, the OP has no choice in the matter; he will pay.

A simple matter of leaving the country or playing fast and loose with the truth about your income (then leaving the country). There are other possible ways to get round it as well.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
OP: Do you have stairs in your house? If so, then you are protected.

People fall all the time.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
I'm sorry OP, but you're screwed. FWIW I've had a girl get pregnant on me so that 'then he will never leave' in pretty similar circumstances, but I had her at the clinic the next morning with basically no discussion. Seemingly yours is going to be a little less malleable on this point...but I do both sympathise and empathise with your position.

I hope, for your sake, she has the abortion, neither of you are ready for this kind of responsibility. But, if she does not, ultimately, you're screwed.

If she has the kid - which is out of your hands now - it's gonna cost you. Time, money, sleep, whatever. 18 to life right there. You'll probably even love the thing...there's something you may not have thought of.

All the 'crazy *****' whining in the world won't change that, and there is no sneaky backdoor way to get around that. The time for sneaky access to backdoors was a few weeks ago.

Ultimately you can get into the 'it's not my fault' talk all you like, the bottom line of it is, no matter which one of the two of you is at fault, the one person who has no responsibility to take for this whatsoever, is the kid.

So man up and do what you need to for the kid's sake.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this could potentially ruin everything i've ever worked for...

I have no means to support a kid. They're expensive, and I have a part time job at school...

Grow the **** up. You wanted to ****, you were stupid enough to *** inside of a girl who was basically a stranger now you might have to deal with a kid. Your life is not"over" it just might be about to change.

Life rarely goes exactly as planed. No make that NEVER goes as planed.
So if you are indeed going to be a dad.... deal with it. Plans CAN be changed. Start thinking really hard about earning a living now, start saving for your kids college, think about health insurance, and all the rest.
As much as you might not have wanted it you very well might have it and the only thing you can do is man the **** up.

Oh and USE CONDOMS YOU STUPID *****!!!!

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
OP, I'm in your corner, and remember - on SF that's all that counts.

PM me or give me a call and we will work thru this together.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Sorry OP but at this point I hope you have the kid just so he can grow up to be a college athlete. I hear LSU has a great athletics program.

Dude the mom is an 86 lb asian. Chances of any kind of athlete other than ping pong player are nil.

yjeezle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the kid could be a horse jockey depending on height and weight of father
wink.gif

Macallan9

Reaction score
**** the kid and **** that "life rarely goes as planned" bullshit. There's no way I'd let a cent of my money go towards supporting someone that manipulated me into staying with her by getting pregnant. Finish your grad program, and then peace out of the country.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads