• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***The official LVC thread***

Simontuntelder

Reaction score
That I can't remember, sorry.

I grew tired with the 47's right away. I wore them for a very, very short while, and decided that I was more into the 55 and 61. Then they released the 66 and 54, and now I use all of them.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^^^

Simon - what sizing advice can you offer on the '54 501z? Is it as complicated to figure as the '47?

Simontuntelder

Reaction score
I never actually found LVC sizing that hard to figure out... Just kidding, although there is some truth to it.

Ok, I have 4 pairs of the 54. One is a quite rare release from way back when nobody gave a damn about LVC. They are quite heavily distressed.

And I have another pair of predistressed ones from last year or so. They have the best fit of the lot. Nice square, roomy top block, with an amazing tapering towards the foot, with a narrow hem width.

But I also have two pairs of raw 54s. One pair that I am never going to wash a pair that I have soaked once, but never worn - yet.

I was until recently a 33/33, but I have gained some weight after I quite smoking. So now I am a size 34/33.

The tts pair is a size 34/32, and they are really as tagged, although the inseam is closer to 33" - which is perfect.

The other pair I have that, I soaked are a 36/34, and they pretty much shrank to a 34/34, instantly - so I am hoping that in time they'll be a 34/33.

People have talked about the zipper bulking, but that has never been a problem for me. Although I shrank them gradually (over 3 short soaks) with the zipper closed. I was paranoid about getting the bulking zipper thing.

entrero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by El Argentino
^^^^^

Simon - what sizing advice can you offer on the '54 501z? Is it as complicated to figure as the '47?

facepalm.gif

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Simon

And to the above ^

Perhaps I should have put "complicated" in quotes originally. You're right, it isn't that hard to figure. But pages and pages have been devoted to the whole thing, and if the '54 is simply tts that that's "easier" isn't it?
plain.gif

Simontuntelder

Reaction score
The fact that LVC jeans shrink, freaks a lot of people out.

TTS still means you have to size up, if you plan on washing your jeans.

entrero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TTS or size up+1. I accidentally sized down on the '47. Didn't know they were from 2006, was on sale ($110) so I couldn't refuse.

Fit is great though, like APC but without the ball pain. Advice: only size size down if desperate.

ma1

Reaction score
yeah thats what I mean, buy TTS, don't size up if you want to wear them how they are supposed to fit

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just was on cultizm and kind of bummed that their raw prices have gone up in the last few weeks.

Simontuntelder

Reaction score
I can't believe the amount of wear in just ten months... I have an old pair that I have worn for probably 4 years, and they are nowhere as worn.

You rock 'em hard.

Amazing, Paul.

lupin23rd

Reaction score
I've got some pre-washed LVC 47s from what I think is 2008, would the fit on these be similar to what the same size in raw would fit like?

I'm a little unsure because I had tried on another pair of 47 pre-wash 2 sizes larger than the one I bought and they still wouldn't button up.

Pablo-T

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lupin23rd
I've got some pre-washed LVC 47s from what I think is 2008, would the fit on these be similar to what the same size in raw would fit like? I'm a little unsure because I had tried on another pair of 47 pre-wash 2 sizes larger than the one I bought and they still wouldn't button up.
No. Prewashed give no clue because they're usually made in a different factory, sometimes from different fabric. Sorry! THere are quite a few instructions in this thread on how to size 47, including a link to my superfuture sig whcih I hope might be helpful.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads