***The official LVC thread***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Gavin

Gavin Senior member

I've heard that if you get them wet just from about the knee down and do some tugging, you can lengthen them a bit... may be worth a try if everything else fits fine. Saw your post in the B/S, and you may be able to save yourself an exchange.

I can't confirm that though from personal experience.

Thanks for the tip. They fit great everywhere else but the length...so I might give that a try if I don't get a response to the sell/trade (which I would rather do, despite the hassle, to get a 36).

2. along

along Member

I will be putting the unwashed 47 for it's first rinse soon. to minimise shrinkage on the length, I'm thinking of hanging the jeans upside down, pegging the pins to the leg openings to bank on the pull of the gravity on the hip. Has anyone tried this? will this method screw up the entire shape?

This is only my 2nd lvc and I'm not ready to screw up yet, but i guess it won't be long before i treat it like any hard-worn jeans.

3. whiskeybeard

whiskeybeard Senior member

I'm trying to figure out if I should get 32 or 33 for LVC 1947s.

- Best fit for 501 STFs is 31
    - For APC NS I had a 29 but felt it was a bit too small. (I now has a pair of washed NS 30s which are pretty right on.)

Suggestions?

4. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

I'm trying to figure out if I should get 32 or 33 for LVC 1947s.

- Best fit for 501 STFs is 31
    - For APC NS I had a 29 but felt it was a bit too small. (I now has a pair of washed NS 30s which are pretty right on.)

Suggestions?

Whiskeybeard - what does your waist measure where your denim sits? Given the "stretch" rules of APC and the multiple opinions on how to fit STF, knowing your actual waist size would be more telling.

5. whiskeybeard

Whiskeybeard - what does your waist measure where your denim sits? Given the "stretch" rules of APC and the multiple opinions on how to fit STF, knowing your actual waist size would be more telling.

My waist is true 32". I typically wear my denim a little lower on the hips, where it is about 33". Thanks!

6. El Argentino

My waist is true 32". I typically wear my denim a little lower on the hips, where it is about 33". Thanks!
    Current production on the '47 is running true to size, based on emails with a few different stores. Hence a tagged 32 = 32" in most current stocks. With the generally higher rise of the 501, I would say a tagged-33 in the '47 should be right. Given the shrinkage, you're going to want to get about 1" bigger than where you'll wear it on your body. And make sure to get that inseam significantly longer than what you typically wear as well. LVC sizing has been all over the place in the past. Inquire from wherever you buy as to actual measurements of the denim, not just the tagged size. Safest bet is to buy the waist an inch larger than wherever you'll wear it. Hope this helps a bit.

7. whiskeybeard

Thanks for the advice! This is really helpful.

8. El Argentino

Does anyone have experience with sizing the 1954 501z? In comparison to the'47 how does it run? Is it more true like the '55 or undersized like the '47's?

I had to go up for the 36' in the '47's while normally wearing a 34 in STF and most anything else. My waist measures 34' exactly. Should I spring for the 34' or 36'?

9. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

What are the key differences between the '47 and '66 501s?

10. paul_s

paul_s Well-Known Member

11. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

Primary difference is the leg taper, I believe. '66 as more taper. Levis LVC now in stock and on display in Philly boutique Sugarcube. They've got 1944, '47 and '67 models. Pretty nice stuff. (Talk to owner and friend Elisa - and mention you're an SF-er)

12. Simontuntelder

Simontuntelder Senior member

Aarhus/Copenhagen/Herning/Sindal - Denmark

I would say the thigh width - apart from some other rather obvious details like leather patch.

The '66 would be my weapon of choice.

13. wannabeagiant

wannabeagiant Senior member

I would say the thigh width - apart from some other rather obvious details like leather patch.

The '66 would be my weapon of choice.

Is the 66 slimmer in the thigh than the 47?

14. Simontuntelder

Simontuntelder Senior member

Aarhus/Copenhagen/Herning/Sindal - Denmark
    No the 47 is slightly slimmer. I do however believe that the hem width is smaller on the 66.

15. wannabeagiant

wannabeagiant Senior member

No the 47 is slightly slimmer. I do however believe that the hem width is smaller on the 66.

The 66's have a lower rise also, right? If so, I think I might be a 66 convert. I've always thought that the 47's were just slightly too tight in the thigh and the hem width was slightly too big.