***The official LVC thread***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Jul 21, 2009.

1. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Hi everyone, i'm new to lvc. just ordered 1915 and 1947 from cultizm and i'm hunting for a pair of 1901. i chanced upon a pair of 1901 on ebay; is this the thread to seek advice on it's authenticity?if not, do direct me to an appropriate section. http://cgi.ebay.com/LEVIS-LVC-New-vi...5#ht_500wt_928 please pardon my ignorance, the pair doesn't come with belt patch, which is unlike the reference from paul trynka's 501 faq. the size-tag looks likes it's sewn on over an original piece. what do you guys think?
    Meh... the size tag does look a tad sketchy to me...

2. Shorty Long

Shorty Long Senior member

That seller's usually legit. Based on the pictures, I would have to guess they're authentic LVC, though not a very good repro. I'm guessing they were a US-only release from ca. 2004-06.

A bit more searching might yield a pair of deadstock 1901s, but they seem to be pretty hard to track down.

Meh... the size tag does look a tad sketchy to me...

3. Gavin

Gavin Senior member

Where seems to be the cheapest place to get 47s right now?

4. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

Is the new XX (LVC + Made and Crafted) an actual line yet?

I want to look @ pieces, but the XX site is just a single page. A few places have a handful of pieces (Imogene and Willie, Oki-Ni, cultizm)

Anyone (Paul T) know if/when an 'official' site will be established, or if any blogs have detailed pics of pieces?

5. quevola

quevola Senior member

Yeah, I'm here at my TJMaxx right now, and found one of these LVC pairs with a small cataloge in the back pocket. I've found, based on the book, the 1971 646 Deadstock in sizes 27x32, 34x30, 34x32, and 36x32, as well as the 1971 646 Fred pair in a 33x34 (two of them). They're the real deal, friends. Anyone need a proxy? I would post photos, but my SIM card is acting up.

I'm interested in the 27x32 if they are still around.

6. El Argentino

Is the new XX (LVC + Made and Crafted) an actual line yet?

I want to look @ pieces, but the XX site is just a single page. A few places have a handful of pieces (Imogene and Willie, Oki-Ni, cultizm)

Anyone (Paul T) know if/when an 'official' site will be established, or if any blogs have detailed pics of pieces?

What's the site address for the XX line? I'm apprehensive about typing LevisXX into a search bar...
    I'll see if I can't get back there tomorrow to check.

7. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

^ Levisxx.com

I may do an inquiry, but I am neither media or press.

8. Shorty Long

Don't expect a response.

^ Levisxx.com

I may do an inquiry, but I am neither media or press.

9. El Argentino

When is LevisXX expected to go public? Are they issuing a F/W line or is it still in limbo?

Also for Shorty Long or Pablo-T: is LVC as it's known now going to disappear under the XX banner or remain as it's own label? What about moving headquarters to Holland is making the prices on LVC go up (at least on Oi Polloi, etc.)?

Just wanted to understand a bit more about these corporate changes.

10. Simontuntelder

Simontuntelder Senior member

Aarhus/Copenhagen/Herning/Sindal - Denmark
    When is LevisXX expected to go public? Are they issuing a F/W line or is it still in limbo?

Also for Shorty Long or Pablo-T: is LVC as it's known now going to disappear under the XX banner or remain as it's own label? What about moving headquarters to Holland is making the prices on LVC go up (at least on Oi Polloi, etc.)?

Just wanted to understand a bit more about these corporate changes.

Correct me if I'm wrong. LVC will continue, and the XX will be a line which produces more contemporary pieces (in the US??) but in the spirit of LVC.
    This is what I have understood, but I am not totally sure. Paul will give you the low down.

11. Shorty Long

The way I understand it, until last year, LVC as a line was basically lumped into the whole Levi operations, meaning it was simply part of the larger label. Now, Levi has established a sort of sub-label, "XX" that is charged with the premium lines (LVC and the "Made & Crafted" line, although I'm not sure what M&C is supposed to be). With "XX," those associated with LVC have been given a bit more freedom in terms of production, but they have also been charged with making their own way in terms of $$.

12. El Argentino

The way I understand it, until last year, LVC as a line was basically lumped into the whole Levi operations, meaning it was simply part of the larger label. Now, Levi has established a sort of sub-label, "XX" that is charged with the premium lines (LVC and the "Made & Crafted" line, although I'm not sure what M&C is supposed to be). With "XX," those associated with LVC have been given a bit more freedom in terms of production, but they have also been charged with making their own way in terms of $$.
    In your opinion, would it be safer (and cheaper) to pick up pieces now before gears start turning, or wait and see what XX produces? I've been wanting to load up the raw denim queue with another pair of '47s and possibly something requiring braces (probably a '33). The '54Z is also tempting. Speaking of the '54Z, what is general sizing advice. The '47 and the '55 are usually beaten to death in the thread, but nothing immediately comes to mind on the '54.

13. Shorty Long

"XX" put out the s/s '10 line, and that's where you saw a big price jump. It doesn't seem as though prices are jumping again from Spring...Detour just got in a batch of rigid '47s for Fall, and they're $220, which I don't think is any higher than last season's.

14. Gavin

Gavin Senior member

Has anyone had any luck stretching the length of their 47s back out a bit? I erred on the wrong side with my pair and they're a touch short...they don't look bad, but an extra 1/2" - 1" of length (they're about 33" now, tagged 34") would be great.

I read all the advice, but when I tried on the 34" length pre-soak they just seemed so long that I couldn't imagine them shrinking up to be too short :\\

15. El Argentino

Has anyone had any luck stretching the length of their 47s back out a bit? I erred on the wrong side with my pair and they're a touch short...they don't look bad, but an extra 1/2" - 1" of length (they're about 33" now, tagged 34") would be great.

I read all the advice, but when I tried on the 34" length pre-soak they just seemed so long that I couldn't imagine them shrinking up to be too short :\\

I've heard that if you get them wet just from about the knee down and do some tugging, you can lengthen them a bit... may be worth a try if everything else fits fine. Saw your post in the B/S, and you may be able to save yourself an exchange.

I can't confirm that though from personal experience.