• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mad Men Season 4

3cyr3

Reaction score
What a great episode, this really opens up the direction in which the season will head. I always thought the season would continue on Don's downward spiral and end in Anna's death and Don hitting rock bottom.

Monaco

Reaction score
awesome episode, I thought it was so hilarious when Duck Philips was on top of Don and I was just waiting for him to have a good comeback to Duck's Okinawa comment but he just said uncle...brilliant!!

But what the hell was the hand holding about? that kind of mixed the signals up...

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Duck is so hilarious in ever scene he's in. Peggy knew he got fired and he broke down really quick. He's such a loser. The scene of him letting his dog out of the building in season 2 was great. I only wish Don beat him up with his Clio award.

What was the significance of the mouse, or Anna holding the Samsonite luggage as Don imagined her? That had no relation to his final choice of an ad.

I didn't hear the thing about Bert. What exactly happened to cause him to lose his testicles?

Someone mentioned Lyle Evans?

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/dai...e-presume.html

fwiffo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Monaco
But what the hell was the hand holding about? that kind of mixed the signals up...

I thought it was a good homage to the first episode (or first few) when she held his hand and he said, "I'm your boss not your boyfriend." I'm guessing it's now some kind platonic friendship a la Anna.

Originally Posted by Reggs
What was the significance of the mouse, or Anna holding the Samsonite luggage as Don imagined her? That had no relation to his final choice of an ad.

Anna can go in peace since Peggy took her place?

Oh, also Joey giving Joan attitude? I'm surprised she took it.

lou

Reaction score
Great episode.

Loved the scene in the bathroom. They really get the details right with this show. I liked how peggy paued for a minute and pondered which door to take, Womens, or Mens? Don and Peggy really broke down some barriers, and now they can get back to work. I'm hoping some old Don Draper comes out and we get to see the old Madison Avenue shark that he is capable of being come back.

Joan is going to make that smartass kid her *****! You don't piss off Joan, even Draper knows this.

dbc

Reaction score
You know how sometimes you see/read/hear something so artistically brilliant that you can't breathe? Well, this is it. Up there with Shut the Door. Have a Seat for me.

streetminimal

Reaction score
Great episode once again, Don's angry scene with Peggy was fantastic.
The stress of shooting Mad Men has landed the period drama's star Jon Hamm with a nasty case of vitiligo. The actor's hands have become discoloured in places thanks to the skin disease and he puts it down to the long hours he spends fretting about his character Don Draper on the show. "You do have to be mentally acute for a significant period of time, and that becomes pretty draining," he told Rolling Stone magazine. "I have vitiligo. It's stress-oriented. It comes and goes and waxes and wanes. This did not exist before the show."
http://www.theage.com.au/lifestyle/p...906-14xh2.html

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
It was interesting to get some more back story on Peggy.

She watched her father die. Don saw his father die.

It's just interesting how similar the two are.

Choosing work and their own interests over relationships and family.

I didn't use to think of Peggy as the female Don, but this episode really makes it evident.

Some predictions for the rest of the season.

- Joans husband is killed or combat wounded in 'Nam.

- Sally + Glenn + experimentation

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Originally Posted by w.o.e.is.me.
^^Eeh. I don't think so. And if they do, it will be much farther down the line. I do think we're going to see Don flying straight from now on. Hopefully he will get his swagger back. Should lead to interesting interactions with Betty.
I think the line from Peggy about having very few things of value/interest/success outside the office was the foreshadowing. They're both absorbed in their work and Don's entire night was an attempt to force Peggy to vicariously experience success and happiness through his own creative drive. The whole bit about being paid as a form of thank you should indicate that both look to business as a surrogate form of domestic pleasantries. Peggy gets upset, cries, and then accepts her reality when she takes Don's drink.

bkk

Reaction score
Fantastic symbolism at the end:
"Should I leave it open or closed?"
"Open"

Still can't figure out the mouse meaning/symbolism.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bkk
Fantastic symbolism at the end:
"Should I leave it open or closed?"
"Open"

Still can't figure out the mouse meaning/symbolism.

I thought they were going to turn that into a commercial.

Ubiquitous NY mouse shows up in office.

Trap mouse in suitcase.

Throw suitcase out window.

Go downstairs and pick up unbroken suitcase.

"Do they have mice in Fiji? Taxi!"

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads