Mad Men Season 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Jekyll, Jul 25, 2010.

1. fairholme_wannabe

fairholme_wannabe Senior member

2. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

3. IUtoSLU

IUtoSLU Senior member

I'm very excited. I just hope I'm not let down.

4. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

The pack I saved is waiting for me on my coffee table.

[​IMG]

This will be an event to remember.

5. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

HAH ^

do you have a rocks glass full of iced tea ready too?

6. k9n

k9n Senior member

5 minutes!

7. Jekyll

Jekyll Senior member

8. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

I am not gonna toss out any spoilers, but its interesting what a year does to Don.

also- i forgot to turn on Closed Captioning, can anyone tell me the outro song?

9. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

I definitely enjoyed it. And the ending was great. I have high hopes for the season.

10. IUtoSLU

IUtoSLU Senior member

I liked it a lot. Don is still very much "the man", but he is vulnerable as well. The new agency rises and falls on him, and he knows it.

11. fwiffo

fwiffo Senior member

My initial thoughts - I'm going to have to get used to this new office. REALLY different than the old one; a lot more like today's offices. And definitely every set in the episode had a lot more colours.

Draper, Cooper, Sterling, Pryce and Ms. Harris are relatively the same. Draper and Campbell go without pocket squares now it seems (damn it, is this the end of pocket squares?). Campbell goes pretty casual if it weren't for that raincoat on Sunday too.

Compared to the wooden pre-eminence of the previous office, Sterling's new desk looks like it was lifted from some Ikea catalogue or something. It actually clashes with his 3 piece. You'd think he would get something more dignified. The boardroom is laughable but maybe that was the intention. All throughout I was thinking, "Damn, did Sterling, Cooper and Draper know what they were getting into?" I guess seasons 1-3, I kept envying these men and their 9-5 job. Now, not so much.

Did anyone notice Peggy sitting on the table (couldn't imagine anyone doing this in the previous office) and the couch actually blocked some of the doorway?

Otherwise, outside of the few I mentioned, everyone is dressing in much more colourful outfits. It's actually making the men stand out as sore thumbs given some of the new staff don't even wear a suit. Harry is probably the best example of transformation. What a massive difference from Season 1 and the slicked back hair.

Henry Francis is wank. Still no sign of how Cosgrove figures into this.

The way the first episode is set up, they're going to have to do some Kodak carousel moments to stay afloat given the accounts they're losing or giving up.

12. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Jantzen ad would be considered iconic by todays standards. Something the impossible cool would post.

13. Jekyll

Jekyll Senior member

That was pretty damn good. I think I like the new office. They're gonna have to do something with Betty soon, she's annoying as fuck. That woman (Henry's mom?) had her pegged. She's gotta grow or go. I'd like to see her grow, but I don't think it's very probable. John! Marsha!

14. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

Maybe I wasn't in the right mood...maybe I was caught off guard by a new MM (totally forgot it was today), but I wasn't that blown away by the premiere.

I'm sure it'll get better, but today's wasn't all that.

The only interesting part was seeing Don get the 'SMH' treatment from everyone at work.