• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwied82

Reaction score
P9040571.jpg

rogan
nsf
julian red
brato

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by puddin
you don't live in a major metropolitan area do you? raw denim is everywhere these days. in any big city on either coast you can't walk 3 blocks without seeing them.

wtf are you talking about. I live in a major metropolitan area and I almost never see raw denim. For the most part its still a pretty rare sight, even in most major cities.

Ego Death

Reaction score
Originally Posted by connor
idk id think the same thing irl. and i dont understand why everyone uses this example because who cares what people that dont really know anything think

You're right people's opinions on the Internet are far more important then people in reallife.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
in the real world people use words like 'wow you're so fashionable' or 'very unique' or '"nice" clothes', where on the internet people use words like 'what the ****' or 'jesus christ' or 'looks like ****'

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ego Death
You're right people's opinions on the Internet are far more important then people in reallife.

Correct, you will learn too in about 6 months unless you're like CtK then you won't ever learn.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Went out to a few summer festivals this year and wore my Yukata (lightweight summer Kimono). This one is indigo-dyed hemp. My girlfriend insisted on pictures - visages of white bros and 2c4u internet dudes dancing around my head chanting "weaboo" had stopped me from posting these but they're really not as bad as I feared:
yukata_1.jpg
yukata_2.jpg
Earlier in the same day at the American festival at the US Embassy (basically a suburban block party with horrible beer, but I'll take a taste of home even if its the part I disgust
laugh.gif
). Not much of a fit pic, but you can still see how perfectly TOJ shirts fit. <3
toj_andmiki.jpg

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
raw indigo looks fine with white sneakers as long as it's the right cut
I was only saying that it often doesn't look ideal, not condemning all cases. I believe it is possible to make nearly any pairing work well if you do it right. However, what we often see in such pairings here on the forum.... 1. Heavy and stiff fabric Often the fabric is so stiff that it juts out at strange angles. I find it difficult to fully disassociate such heavy duty fabric from its workwear origins. And while the indigo color is not the deciding factor in and of itself, it certainly reinforces the workwear image. 2. Brand new looking raw denim combined with brand new looking luxe sneakers When a clothing item looks overly new it naturally draws more attention to itself than a weathered item would. Thus, we have both the jeans and sneakers drawing us in to be noticed as "new". But unfortunately this extra attention tends to aid in revealing the disconnect between the sporty/luxe sneakers and workman like (anti-luxe) fabric. Another observation is that the most celebrated posters here appear to largely (or perhaps totally) avoid the raw denim + sneakers pairing, yet this is a favorite combo for noobs. Why is that?

filth

Reaction score
what do you guys suggest go with &quot;luxe&quot; sneakers then?

I mean, a pair of dior 19cms raw would like fine with CPs or Lanvins. But i understand what you guys are saying when someone wears a pair of sugar canes with lanvins then that'll look wierd since the styles clash.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
Went out to a few summer festivals this year and wore my Yukata (lightweight summer Kimono).

This one is indigo-dyed hemp.

My girlfriend insisted on pictures - visages of white bros and 2c4u internet dudes dancing around my head chanting "weaboo" had stopped me from posting these but they're really not as bad as I feared:

Earlier in the same day at the American festival at the US Embassy (basically a suburban block party with horrible beer, but I'll take a taste of home even if its the part I disgust
laugh.gif
). Not much of a fit pic, but you can still see how perfectly TOJ shirts fit. <3

Wish you'd post more, seems like you pretty much stopped right when I started here.

Some more simple stuff (I think I finally figured out, after this last pic how to keep my hair up... basically brush it up every time it goes down, there is no real solution
frown.gif
).
tumblr_l87z0pTGnG1qbmp06.jpg
tumblr_l87z0x3iyD1qbmp06.jpg

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1

Another observation is that the most celebrated posters here appear to largely (or perhaps totally) avoid the raw denim + sneakers pairing, yet this is a favorite combo for noobs. Why is that?

Eh? I associate sq4u with his nudies as much as with anything else, ar_six wears raws with luxe sneakers all the time, pretty sure Kelvin, nicelynice, etc etc does too.. In fact the only ones who I can think of who really avoid this are you and snake

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
\\
laugh.gif
). Not much of a fit pic, but you can still see how perfectly TOJ shirts fit. <3]

Do you work at the embassy?

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
tumblr_l87z0x3iyD1qbmp06.jpg
[/center]

Hair looks sickkk You free the 24th or 25th of this month? Gonna be in Seoul!!! Yesterday edit;
9sv6fl.jpg
Dior AA Dior Margiela trainers no vis Today:
29f5wk9.jpg
2rgf8ld.jpg
Dita frames James Perse AA viscose tank Dior BOWLING SHOES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads