• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just got FIRED! what next?

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johdus Fanfoozal
And a word of advice: don't be so cavalier about employment.

There are probably hundreds of laid off IT guys who would kill to have your "no brainer, dead end" job. They will arrive early, leave late and take whatever break is given to them.

That is true, maybe that's why my company recently hired 35 new tech support reps!

I figure they thought it was the perfect time to clean house.
Again I don't blame anyone there and am still in contact with my most recent supervisor.

This is 100% to blame on myself.

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Gotta admit, I'm a bit jelly of you. Not that my 4 years of lounging in a beach chair and looking out for bikini nip slips was a terrible job in itself.
devil.gif

you guys are seriously hilarious and I like the way this thread is going!

i'm too creepy to be hired measuring women's breast, trust me on this.
i have that look.
bounce2.gif

Looks like I just got approval to take a Graphic Design project course!

I'm gonna try for Unemployment insurance.

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'll let you folks know what EI says and what ex-work put on my Record of Employment.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blazingazn
I very much want to do some design work as I have experience with graphic design (no flash!) I was thinking of doing free lance and creating a website with my portfolio.
I think graphic design is a dead end. There are a lot of people trying to do it now because they think it is easy and the market is saturated. Some people will even work for free because they like doing it. I would research before making it a career.

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ahab
I think graphic design is a dead end. There are a lot of people trying to do it now because they think it is easy and the market is saturated. Some people will even work for free because they like doing it. I would research before making it a career.
I agree with that and I recently offered my services to an established design company on the cheap/free so I could get some work to my name. I'm an engineering student for longer than I want to remember, but I wouldn't mind doing design as a hobby or extra income (I don't think I'd be good enough to ever go full in and make decent dough). Attached is one of my more favorite designs and my first attempt with a graphic tablet. The Dragon Boat Festival liked it, but obviously I was just a student artist so they got a big production company to do it. I got rejected in person officially though, so that was cool. http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/9106/pstrclrtbl.jpg

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blazingazn
I agree with that and I recently offered my services to an established design company on the cheap/free so I could get some work to my name.

I'm an engineering student for longer than I want to remember, but I wouldn't mind doing design as a hobby or extra income (I don't think I'd be good enough to ever go full in and make decent dough).

Attached is one of my more favorite designs and my first attempt with a graphic tablet.

The Dragon Boat Festival liked it, but obviously I was just a student artist so they got a big production company to do it. I got rejected in person officially though, so that was cool.

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/9106/pstrclrtbl.jpg

Looks pretty good to me. I did not like it at first but I think it would make easy to print T-Shirts and posters. I did not like the text at the bottom. Looked a little fuzzy but that may have been better when printed. :fonz"

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Suave
look into unemployment, and selling crack.

totally would re: the crack, but I wouldn't be any good at it, plus I don't want a record.

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ahab
Looks pretty good to me. I did not like it at first but I think it would make easy to print T-Shirts and posters. I did not like the text at the bottom. Looked a little fuzzy but that may have been better when printed. :fonz"

it got all low quality when I converted from pdf to picture.

if you want I can post up a link to the pdf. that is higher quality.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads