1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Just got FIRED! what next?

Discussion in 'Business, Careers & Education' started by blazingazn, Aug 25, 2010.

1. gotlighters

gotlighters Senior member

my friend was fired from his job. collected unemployment for 2 years. I think he's still on it

2. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

Looks pretty good to me. I did not like it at first but I think it would make easy to print T-Shirts and posters. I did not like the text at the bottom. Looked a little fuzzy but that may have been better when printed. :fonz"

it got all low quality when I converted from pdf to picture.

if you want I can post up a link to the pdf. that is higher quality.

3. LanceW

LanceW Senior member

totally would re: the crack, but I wouldn't be any good at it, plus I don't want a record.
    Why do people ask for advice and then ignore it?

4. otc

otc Senior member

Why do you think this way?

Because he hasn't taken Econ 101

5. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

Because he hasn't taken Econ 101

maybe he is just a fcuking retard![​IMG]

6. svelten

svelten Senior member

Did you plan this all out in advance? Because I'm sick and tired of my job too and would like to collect EI. Leeches of society, unite!

No, really, I do kind of hope to get canned like you, have some time to do my own thing while having sustenance before heading back to grad school. I tried the arriving late / leaving early thing but no one ever notices [​IMG]

7. Monaco

Monaco Senior member

Were you considered late because they wouldn't let you clock in before or after a certain time? This used to happen to me a lot at work. I'd show up too early and couldn't clock in so I'd do some work and miss the clock punch, or clock out for lunch and go back to work and it gets too busy so I forgot to clock back in. Stupid rules for honest people...

8. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

Did you plan this all out in advance? Because I'm sick and tired of my job too and would like to collect EI. Leeches of society, unite!

No, really, I do kind of hope to get canned like you, have some time to do my own thing while having sustenance before heading back to grad school. I tried the arriving late / leaving early thing but no one ever notices [​IMG]

Was not planned out, but not saying I didn't hope for something like this to happen.

Just find out why people have been fired in the past and do that.
    Should work.

I just had my Employment Insurance Application accepted so will keep you posted.

Having no job sucks, I can't buy clothes :S

9. River Dog

River Dog Well-Known Member

As a Bossman, the two golden rules are " don't be Late " and " Abusive Sick time "

If your late or leave early... that's theft of services.

A company, A section, A Manager... want's Loyalty/team player, not an individual who acts independently or feels the rules don't apply to them.

What that said i would suggest you be self employed so you can go and come as you please and only answer to yourself. Maybe getting fired was the best thing to happen to you, its what you do/go from here that counts. Good Luck.

Theft of services? You have got to be kidding. Did you know that the companies who get the most productivity out of their employees are the ones that are laid back and give their employees freedom - ie not a whole lot of rules, more breaks and it's no big deal if you are late on occasion if you are a great worker.

This probably has to do with the fact that the employees appreciate having a relaxed or casual environment, so they feel motivated to work because they like actually you as opposed to resenting your fucking ass and not doing any more work than they absolutely have to.

10. Annadale

Annadale Senior member

Theft of services? You have got to be kidding. Did you know that the companies who get the most productivity out of their employees are the ones that are laid back and give their employees freedom - ie not a whole lot of rules, more breaks and it's no big deal if you are late on occasion if you are a great worker.

This probably has to do with the fact that the employees appreciate having a relaxed or casual environment, so they feel motivated to work because they like actually you as opposed to resenting your fucking ass and not doing any more work than they absolutely have to.

+1

11. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

Just an update that I applied and received my unemployment assistance.

My official Record of Employment states Dismissal, with an explanation, is acceptable for EI benefits.
    I assume only gross misconduct (fired!) or quitting will bar you from benefits.

I agree a more relaxed environment is much better overall for productivity.
    If you make it more enjoyable to be at work, employees will want to be there and also will work harder or longer than they are required.

12. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

+1, moreover you would need to prove an intention to prove theft, and I sincerely doubt someone who pressed the snooze button too many times or had their car break down or has a doctors appointment would have the intention to steal anything from the company.

13. River Dog

River Dog Well-Known Member

+1, moreover you would need to prove an intention to prove theft, and I sincerely doubt someone who pressed the snooze button too many times or had their car break down or has a doctors appointment would have the intention to steal anything from the company.

Exactly, which is why bossman claiming it's theft of services is literally insane and I am quite sure he is a hated boss.

14. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

Truth. When I started my old job my boss was nice and relaxed. Then reorg happened and I had a manager standing over my shoulder telling me where to click the mouse.

I now have a new job.

15. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

Truth. When I started my old job my boss was nice and relaxed. Then reorg happened and I had a manager standing over my shoulder telling me where to click the mouse.

I now have a new job.

My first manager was kind of like your 2nd one. I was the only person on his team (awesome!) and he micromanaged to no end. I was on this team for 2 years.

Now I work on a client site and my manager is at a different site; a much nicer change of pace.

16. suzuka

suzuka Senior member

go on a trip - backpack through europe, africa, south east asia, and south america

17. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

go on a trip - backpack through europe, africa, south east asia, and south america

to receive benefits, you have to be willing and able to work at all times.

leaving the country would not be a good thing.
    (they might not notice for a couple weeks though)