• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have any experience with the tobacco reverse chamois.
I am thinking of picking up the Indys in this.
Can these be worn year-round? Should I be careful with rainy or wet conditions?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
My LS Ultimate Indy after about 1.5 years.
No care other than trees and the occasional wipe down with damp cloth.
I may have conditioned them with Lexol once. I can't remember.
ultimateindy.jpg

interlockingny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are a pair of Cigar Shell LWB that I have in 10D. They are a tad too big for me. I'm thinking of selling them and using what I get to purchase a pair in 9.5E if available. I love the welt/leather contrast though.

P1010538.jpg

P1010539.jpg

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wj4
^How often did you wear the Indy's in that duration, zippyh?

Considering the number of shoes I have, that's probably more like 6 months of normal person wear.
They are however my goto all weather walking shoe so when I do wear them, I'm usually walking 3-4 miles at a time.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zippyh
Considering the number of shoes I have, that's probably more like 6 months of normal person wear.
They are however my goto all weather walking shoe so when I do wear them, I'm usually walking 3-4 miles at a time.

So they suited you well in the snow/rain? How much life you think you have left in them before it's time to have them worked on by Alden?

greekgeek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by interlockingny
Here are a pair of Cigar Shell LWB that I have in 10D. They are a tad too big for me. I'm thinking of selling them and using what I get to purchase a pair in 9.5E if available. I love the welt/leather contrast though.
P1010539.jpg

drool.gif

How many dolla?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wj4
So they suited you well in the snow/rain? How much life you think you have left in them before it's time to have them worked on by Alden?

Not much snow here but plenty of rain. Commando sole works quite well. The sole of the regular Indy is death slippery in mud.
At the rate I use them, it'll be a long time before they need any work.

Factor Xll

Reaction score
Quick question, if I am 9E in AE Park Aves, do I still go down a half a size for the indy? What about the barrie lasts? I have a wide foot. Thanks!

justin8818

Reaction score
^ I'm a 9E in Park Avenues as well and my Indy's are 9D and fit like a dream. I'm not sure about the barrie compared to the trubalance though, I would imagine them being pretty similar.

Cid

Reaction score
Alden-1.jpg

MichaelPemulis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just purchased my first pair of aldens. the whiskey shell seconds that interlocking had in B & S. i am beyond psyched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads