• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nato wristbands for skinny wrists

kookydooky

Reaction score
About Nato wristbands or those other nylon type wristbands

I have really small skinny wrists (6 inches right around), can they be adjusted in a way where there wont be a whole lot of excess band when I tighten it up.

Basically are they one size fits all?

Also which style would be better for a skinnier wrist?

8007-7.jpg
or

8007-3.jpg

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There isn't much differance.

At first I was hesitant about buying one with the extra strap that holds the watch in place (not that I have ever had a problem with the watch sliding on a band...) as I thought it would add bulk. It turns out that it is basically not a noticeable difference.

You could easily cut the band shorter to fit (just cut with a hotknife or use a normal blade and melt the edge to stop fraying). If your wrist is super tiny, the second option would let you loop the strap all the way back around.....

Fallen Angels

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kookydooky
About Nato wristbands or those other nylon type wristbands

I have really small skinny wrists (6 inches right around), can they be adjusted in a way where there wont be a whole lot of excess band when I tighten it up.

Basically are they one size fits all?

Also which style would be better for a skinnier wrist?

there is a way to position the band so there isnt any "excess band", which is actually demonstrated in those photos. As you can see in the pics, the part of the band (after the buckle/hole) is folded back across the two keeper rings. you can experiment with different ways to fold it over.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
natto.jpg
Am I doing it right?

iotan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kookydooky
How about the holes for the buckle. Would I be having trouble with those?

In regard to hole placement, it might be close. On the ones I have it looks like the smallest hole makes the diameter around 6.25 inches or a bit less. Yet, if that is not tight enough, you could probably create a new hole quite easily and I doubt it woudl be unsightly.

Vistro

Reaction score
You should be able to heat up a needle and make a sealed hole in the nylon that will hold up pretty well.

WorkingClassDude

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vistro
You should be able to heat up a needle and make a sealed hole in the nylon that will hold up pretty well.
I don't know about a needle, but a small heated nail would probably do the trick. I would maybe test that on a small cut off piece of it if you end up trimming the overall length before adding a new hole on to the actual band. But that's just me, I get nervous when I have to modify something and it may be a 'this whole item I just purchased is fucked if it doesn't go perfect in the 1st try' type of situation.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I dunno where you are ordering from...but the one in the picture looks like it gets pretty small... I can speak highly of the maratac bands...the finish on the metal bits is really nice and all of the holes/cut edges are very clean. This is miles ahead of the jcrew bands that are pretty junky (especially considering their pricing).

KitAkira

Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Omega Man
Not related to this thread. Have you tried this? Heard it is an acquired taste.
God no, I can't stand being within feet of the stuff

WorkingClassDude

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
God no, I can't stand being within feet of the stuff

What is that anyway? It looks like beans and cheese being eaten with chopsticks.

KitAkira

Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Natto - fermented soy beans

nohio

Reaction score
My wrists are slightly smaller than yours and I have found that the Central Watch nylon bands work really well. The buckle allows you to tuck under the excess strap, so you can really make them incredibly small. I'm able to set them up so that I can use one of the middle holes. The quality isn't amazing, but at $6 a piece, they are passable, and they are the first watch bands that I've actually felt comfortable wearing.

I'd avoid cutting the nylon or adding new holes. I've tried this a few times and it never has worked. Sometimes melting the nylon makes a rough edge that can't easily be sanded off. The whole never looks the same and in general the melted parts look unsightly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads