• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official 2010 College Football Threak

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder how long I can use the "we're a young team" excuse for Aggie football. There's always intramural chess I guess...

runner-guy

Reaction score
Coming from a Michigan fan, if Rich Rod doesn't get at least 7 wins AND a bowl win, he should be gone. This could be a rough year playing Ohio State, Penn State, and Notre Dame all on the road. Iowa scares the hell out of me this year too. I want my old Michigan back!!!

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saul Silver
Hopefully my Huskies can wreak some havoc in the Pac 10. Should be a wild year in between USC's downfall, Oregon's loss of Masoli, etc. The only certainty is that WSU will go winless in conference play. I also want to see my second favorite team, Idaho, kick some more ass after going a surprising 8-5 last season.
The Huskies should be much improved over where they were two years ago. Locker is being talked about as a legitimate Heisman candidate. That would be UW's first since like Steve Emtman. I would watch out for Oregon State. I saw on the ESPN power rankings the other day that they have had the second most wins in the PAC-10 since 2006.
Originally Posted by Texasmade
I want to see Boise State make it to the BCS Championship game. Also, Texas Tech continue to air it out and hopefully win 10 games.
The polls will fight like hell to make sure this never happens. At the risk of sounding like a conspiracy theorist, this is precisely why they started behind OSU, UT, and UF in the polls. That way if two of the four schools finish undefeated they have a built in excuse why it should be okay to exclude BSU from the National Championship game. I love college football and it's fun to watch the Big XII choke almost every year, but the whole thing is essentially set up to have the winner of the SEC meet the winner of the Big XII in the Nat'l Champs game. TX Tech is probably in for decline. They have a bunch of players in the system right now that were recruited to play in Mike Leach's crazy ass system that now have to learn how to play under Tommy Tubberville's system (far more conventional). I've read articles where they have talked about Mike Leach going after players (this was earlier in the decade) that weren't even being recruited to play football in college. He would go find track sprinters and recruit them to play WR.

runner-guy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Texasmade
I want to see Boise State make it to the BCS Championship game. Also, Texas Tech continue to air it out and hopefully win 10 games.

+1. I love watching Boise State play and Chris Petersen is one of the most ballsy coaches in football.

magogian12345

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by runner-guy
Coming from a Michigan fan, if Rich Rod doesn't get at least 7 wins AND a bowl win, he should be gone. This could be a rough year playing Ohio State, Penn State, and Notre Dame all on the road. Iowa scares the hell out of me this year too. I want my old Michigan back!!!

ND will crush you.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Roll Tide.

Look at that, SJS and Penn State first two weeks. Especially looking fwd to watching the Penn St game. Also looking fwd to the game at SC...we have a tough schedule this year.

An SEC team is actually playing someone good out-of-conference. Kudos. Seriously.

Originally Posted by limester816
I'm waiting for this man to start playing again:

91853241C4B8654CE9C7E1_Large.jpg

With him, and ACC Rookie of the Year Luke Keuchly playing together-- we should have the best linebacking duo in the country.

Me too. I like those guys, even though they seem to have monster games against us (FSU).

Originally Posted by Rambo
Nice that the Canes ended up right in the middle. I think they'll finish in the top 10 this year.

Not with Randy Shannon as coach. You barely beat a miserable FSU team last year. If Jarmon Fortson catches either of the two touchdown passes that hit him the numbers, you lose that game. UM'll be decent, which is perfect for us. They'll retain Shannon another year and the mediocrity will continue.

All sniping aside, I really like Shannon the man and I like the fact that UM has consciously decided to emphasize character over wins.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm still quite infuriated that Mike Leach was fired because of how a ***** son of one of the most hated people (at least to me) in sports (Craig James) couldn't handle being treated like a football player. Of course, Tech knocked Texas out of the hunt for the national title game, but college football needs people like Leach.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
Not with Randy Shannon as coach. You barely beat a miserable FSU team last year. If Jarmon Fortson catches either of the two touchdown passes that hit him the numbers, you lose that game. UM'll be decent, which is perfect for us. They'll retain Shannon another year and the mediocrity will continue. All sniping aside, I really like Shannon the man and I like the fact that UM has consciously decided to emphasize character over wins.
I don't know. I think that with the addition of talent this year they can overcome Shannon's horrendous coaching. Seantrell Henderson will big a big boost for the team. How do you think the Noles will do? I'm predicting a crappy 1st season under Jimbo.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If they can get even middling defensive play the Dawgs should be dirty this year. Dub or die.

Say what? . . . Say who?

GOOOOOO! .............. HUUUUSKIESSSS!

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ugh...why won't Labor Day weekend hurry up and get here? I NEED FOOTBALL!!!

Originally Posted by HORNS
Preseason Coaches Poll:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/colle...l/usatpoll.htm

When that came out I was really happy to see my Dawgs ranked, and (ignoring the idiocy of preseason polls for a moment) I think 21 is reasonable. They have the potential on paper to be really good, but, after the way they played last season, they're going to have to prove they can perform among the elite again.

Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
An SEC team that's not Georgia is actually playing someone good out-of-conference. Kudos. Seriously.

FTFY

Saul Silver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Biggskip
I would watch out for Oregon State. I saw on the ESPN power rankings the other day that they have had the second most wins in the PAC-10 since 2006.

+1. One of the most underrated programs in the country.

soliqas

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HgaleK
I wonder how long I can use the "we're a young team" excuse for Aggie football. There's always intramural chess I guess...

Well your quarterback has potential, not sure about the rest of the team... This is coming from a UT graduate :p

Benzito

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saul Silver
+1. One of the most underrated programs in the country.

Underrated team, underachieving team, and ******* marsupialed AD . . . who schedules opening AWAY at Penn State last year (42-14 loss), opening AWAY at TCU this year (they're only ranked what, 5th?), Louisville (no cupcake, even in a down year), and AWAY at Boise State (they're only ranked what, 7th, and haven't lost at home in about five years).

If Oregon State wins these three, they are a Top Ten team, easy. But they'll ******* up like they do every September and lose any national interest until Civil War.

The Pac-10 will be a train wreck like always with even the top three or four teams beating each other up and taking themselves out of the NC because of one or two tough losses.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads