• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official 2010 College Football Threak

Saul Silver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's just a stupid idea to get Oregon State some national exposure. They never play well at the start of the season anyway, although I do think they have a good shot at knocking off TCU at home. A win in Boise would be a MAJOR upset, I can't remember the last time Boise State lost at home.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
I don't know. I think that with the addition of talent this year they can overcome Shannon's horrendous coaching. Seantrell Henderson will big a big boost for the team.

How do you think the Noles will do? I'm predicting a crappy 1st season under Jimbo.

I actually think they'll be significantly better. People outside of Tallahassee don't realize how bad the leadership situation was last year. Jimbo was HC in waiting, yet fourth in the command chain last year. You had fights in the locker room between coaches in front of the players. You had Bobby, for the first time in years, working past 4:00 pm during the week yet he was so out of touch by then it hurt it the team.

The only bright spot last year was our offense. We put up huge numbers against almost everyone and we brought everyone back*. If our defense can just be average this year, we'll make a strong push for the ACC title. Only five teams on our schedule have a chance at beating us, so if we lose four of those, we'll have a decent year (which shows how atrcoious our team has been).

*Jarmon Fortson joined the ranks of Randy Moss, Laverneus Coles, Snoop Minnis, Preston Parker, and Fred Rouse as wide receivers FSU has kicked off the team.

limester816

Reaction score
Gonna be FSU vs BC for the Atlantic Division. I think VT is just gonna romp the entire conference and take the Coastal.

Benzito

Reaction score
Originally Posted by limester816
Gonna be FSU vs BC for the Atlantic Division. I think VT is just gonna romp the entire conference and take the Coastal.

Is Florida State projected to be that good already (post Bowden era)? I guess BC doesn't really have much else for competition in their division anyway.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenHero
BYU should join the Big 12.

That's really not a bad idea - I'd rather have BYU than Baylor as far as the religious affiliation is concerned.

So, are all of the realignments, such as Nebraska to the Big X, effective as of this season?

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HORNS
That's really not a bad idea - I'd rather have BYU than Baylor as far as the religious affiliation is concerned.

So, are all of the realignments, such as Nebraska to the Big X, effective as of this season?

Nah, they take effect over the next couple/few seasons. The exact year depends upon the team/conference, but I'm almost certain the earliest moves are Nebraska and Utah to their respective new conferences in 2011.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
You finished creaming your pants, Fla Mountain Man?

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...n=ncaaf-263445

Hmmm......

James Wilder Sr. was arguably the Bucs' most productive running back ever. I loved him. He played for them when I was in elementary/middle school and he was oftimes our only bright spot on offense. We (FSU) have a new running backs coach who developed some pretty talented guys in the SEC - Cadillac and Ronnie Brown, for example, so maybe there's hope for Junior.

That said, FSU had a really ****** run of developing running back talent. We signed the top running back prospect in the nation three years in a row (Leon Washington - turned out good, Lorenzo Booker - meh, Antone Smith - weight room beast, playing field bust) and didn't have much to show for it. Additionally, we have a backfield crowded with young players, so there's not much room for Wilder.

If I had to bet, Wilder will likely be converted to linebacker and be an above average player.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrG
Nah, they take effect over the next couple/few seasons. The exact year depends upon the team/conference, but I'm almost certain the earliest moves are Nebraska and Utah to their respective new conferences in 2011.

For Nebraska, the academic portion of the university starts this year being considered Big 10, but the sports in fall of 2011. i believe that is the case for the other ones too.

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Preseason Coaches Poll:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/colle...l/usatpoll.htm

I like this poll so much better ...

http://deadspin.com/5620076/the-2010...0to-the-top-25

Warning, it is highly offensive!
Originally Posted by MrG
Ugh...why won't Labor Day weekend hurry up and get here? I NEED FOOTBALL!!!

When that came out I was really happy to see my Dawgs ranked below Georgia Tech, and (ignoring the idiocy of preseason polls for a moment) I think 21 is reasonable. They have the potential on paper to be really good, but, after the way they played last season, they're going to have to prove they can perform among the elite again.

Fixed.
devil.gif

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eg1
I like this poll so much better ... http://deadspin.com/5620076/the-2010...0to-the-top-25 Warning, it is highly offensive!
This is great: 20. Florida State: Well, well, well. Look who's in charge now. They finally pushed out Bobby Bowden and replaced him with... Jimbo Fisher. Really? You entrusted a storied program to a dude named Jimbo? Did he promise you a free fried possum in exchange for the job? Enjoy the cellar of a forgotten conference, East Alabama.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
This is great:

20. Florida State: Well, well, well. Look who's in charge now. They finally pushed out Bobby Bowden and replaced him with… Jimbo Fisher. Really? You entrusted a storied program to a dude named Jimbo? Did he promise you a free fried possum in exchange for the job? Enjoy the cellar of a forgotten conference, East Alabama.

If he can actually name the players on the team and work past 4:30pm on weekdays, he'll be an improvement.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads