• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPMcMurphy

Reaction score
Pic Request of Cigar Shell longwings with jeans and khakis?

would love to compare to the ravellos too but maybe that's asking too much
wink.gif

REguy

Reaction score
^ You'll see them in a lot of colors (and even some of the rarer shell colors) if you lurk around long enough. I actually bought the same pair of tan longwings recently and one of the shoes had a large blemish on the vamp. However, I've also bought pairs where you couldn't find the defect. Some you win, some you lose.

sockpuppets

Reaction score
shoe mart just rolled out thier alden irregulars sale- they have a ton of them. $389 for these is a crazy good deal.
FD-86908.jpg
FD-86098H.jpg
$289 on these bad boys in 11.
FD-40515H.jpg
FD-40510H.jpg

iotan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by luzer
thanks for the reply
are you saying the longwing comes in others colors (i know! i work right near the alden NYC shop), or that the SHOEMART irregulars sometimes stocks other colors?

I believe that Shoemart has is the only retailer that gets Alden irregulars; so, I would think that any combination they make could potentially end up at Shoemart at a discounted/irregular price.

Indeed with today's mailing they at least had whiskey shell longwings in size 10 (barrie last). I believe they have had cigar longwings at least once in the past 6 months, and I may have once seen something (not longwing) in ravello.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by michaelw
ravello monks
Very nice. I appreciate the pic. I usually do not like Alden monks but I like these very, very much.

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, those ravello monks are very nice and quite unusual. Don't see them around much.

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I missing something? Where do I find these Alden irregulars on ShoeMart?

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You need to call them and let them know you want the e-mails and what sizes.

GreatHighway

Reaction score
JCrew on the left, 403 on the right. note the welt color. on the left it is almost like the welt and sole are all the same color whereas on the right they are totally different
wv8g95.jpg
2mi2ljc.jpg

jasonfoote303

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RPMcMurphy
Pic Request of Cigar Shell longwings with jeans and khakis?

would love to compare to the ravellos too but maybe that's asking too much
wink.gif

cigarwings.jpg

cigar5.jpg

Vs.
ravellos.jpg

ravello.jpg

Sorry no khakis and my Ravellos are plain toe but you get the picture...

abenner

Reaction score
Curious if anyone else is still waiting on/has received any Chromexcel Indy's from North River Outfitters. Ordered mine in February... in June Alden told me they'd be done in August.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by abenner
Curious if anyone else is still waiting on/has received any Chromexcel Indy's from North River Outfitters. Ordered mine in February... in June Alden told me they'd be done in August.

Man, I am sooooooo glad I didn't go that route. Back in February, the only place carrying the chromexcel Indy was Shoemart, and IIRC, they cost me about $450 to NRO's $375 or so. I almost ordered from NRO, but my need for immediate gratification when it comes to Alden shoes got the best of me, and I paid for the Shoemart version, not wanting to wait for the NRO (they were giving me a delivery date of March!!!), sounds like that was the right move.. Good luck with yours, I'd call the store and find out what's happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads