***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RPMcMurphy

RPMcMurphy Well-Known Member

Pic Request of Cigar Shell longwings with jeans and khakis?

would love to compare to the ravellos too but maybe that's asking too much [​IMG]

2. luzer

luzer Senior member

first time long time i purchased the Alden Long-Wing in Tan , FD-97641, $289 from TheShoeMart's irregular email. hope they are nice. does this come in any other color, at a discount? was considering the Alden or perhaps a Mark McNaily... [​IMG] EDIT. they also have it on sale in black and "8" colors [​IMG]

3. REguy

REguy Senior member

^ You'll see them in a lot of colors (and even some of the rarer shell colors) if you lurk around long enough. I actually bought the same pair of tan longwings recently and one of the shoes had a large blemish on the vamp. However, I've also bought pairs where you couldn't find the defect. Some you win, some you lose.

4. luzer

luzer Senior member

thanks for the reply
    are you saying the longwing comes in others colors (i know! i work right near the alden NYC shop), or that the SHOEMART irregulars sometimes stocks other colors?

5. sockpuppets

sockpuppets Senior member

shoe mart just rolled out thier alden irregulars sale- they have a ton of them. $389 for these is a crazy good deal. [​IMG] [​IMG] $289 on these bad boys in 11. [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. iotan

iotan Senior member

thanks for the reply
    are you saying the longwing comes in others colors (i know! i work right near the alden NYC shop), or that the SHOEMART irregulars sometimes stocks other colors?

I believe that Shoemart has is the only retailer that gets Alden irregulars; so, I would think that any combination they make could potentially end up at Shoemart at a discounted/irregular price.

Indeed with today's mailing they at least had whiskey shell longwings in size 10 (barrie last). I believe they have had cigar longwings at least once in the past 6 months, and I may have once seen something (not longwing) in ravello.

7. PeterParker

PeterParker Senior member

shoe mart just rolled out thier alden irregulars sale- they have a ton of them.

Interesting to see seconds of exclusive makeups: Leather Soul Jumpers, Epaulet Two Stroke Indy, J. Crew Chromexcel Indy

8. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

Very nice. I appreciate the pic. I usually do not like Alden monks but I like these very, very much.

9. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

Yeah, those ravello monks are very nice and quite unusual. Don't see them around much.

10. Notreknip

Notreknip Senior member

Am I missing something? Where do I find these Alden irregulars on ShoeMart?

11. Mr.K

Mr.K Senior member

You need to call them and let them know you want the e-mails and what sizes.

12. GreatHighway

GreatHighway Senior member

JCrew on the left, 403 on the right. note the welt color. on the left it is almost like the welt and sole are all the same color whereas on the right they are totally different [​IMG][​IMG]

13. jasonfoote303

jasonfoote303 Senior member

Pic Request of Cigar Shell longwings with jeans and khakis?

would love to compare to the ravellos too but maybe that's asking too much [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Vs.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sorry no khakis and my Ravellos are plain toe but you get the picture...

14. abenner

abenner Member

Curious if anyone else is still waiting on/has received any Chromexcel Indy's from North River Outfitters. Ordered mine in February... in June Alden told me they'd be done in August.

15. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Curious if anyone else is still waiting on/has received any Chromexcel Indy's from North River Outfitters. Ordered mine in February... in June Alden told me they'd be done in August.

Man, I am sooooooo glad I didn't go that route. Back in February, the only place carrying the chromexcel Indy was Shoemart, and IIRC, they cost me about $450 to NRO's $375 or so. I almost ordered from NRO, but my need for immediate gratification when it comes to Alden shoes got the best of me, and I paid for the Shoemart version, not wanting to wait for the NRO (they were giving me a delivery date of March!!!), sounds like that was the right move.. Good luck with yours, I'd call the store and find out what's happening.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.