• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

eztantz

Reaction score
These real or fake? Anyone?

poissa

Reaction score
aside from a shine ... is a recrafting in the near future?
aerecraft.jpg

poissa

Reaction score
etantz,

the ebay user's credentials look good... 100% > 2000 transactoins

JamesX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poissa
aside from a shine ... is a recrafting in the near future?
Your soles still look like they are in good shape. I don't think you need it recrafted. You might want to get suken toe plates put in since your toes seems to be very worn.

I haven't tried this service (since I have toe plates put in when I order the shoes) so I have no personal experience with them. But they are highly recommended by SFers.
http://www.bnelsonshoes.com/

Price is very reasonable as well.

JamesX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Maralyn45
Well,socks should always be matched with colour of trousers.

Socks should be a shade darker than pants. But as an SFer have said...

A Banker always have socks matching their pants
But a Gentlemen always match his socks to his mood.

StyleNoob21

Reaction score
In general, can a nice pair of shiny cap toe oxfords be worn without a suit and just dress slacks and dress shirt? What are your thoughts?

JamesX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StyleNoob21
In general, can a nice pair of shiny cap toe oxfords be worn without a suit and just dress slacks and dress shirt? What are your thoughts?

Absolutely, pretty much any dress shoe can be worn with dress slacks and dress shirt. Suits should only be worn with dress shoes, the reverse is not necessarily true.

hobscrk777

Reaction score
What (if anything) does this Polo Ralph Lauren label on a navy blazer tell you about it's maker, date of creation, etc.
5xKHf.jpg
I've seen some Polo labels with and without that yellow stitching around the edges. I realize this is an esoteric question for only the RL experts, so hopefully one is kind enough to stop by.

Reaction score
Recently scored a couple pair of Florsheim Imperial Longwings v cleats (finally in my size!). Wondering what the best way to preserve the soles would be? Would normally just hit the road in em, but can these soles be rebuilt if need be?

StyleNoob21

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JamesX
Absolutely, pretty much any dress shoe can be worn with dress slacks and dress shirt. Suits should only be worn with dress shoes, the reverse is not necessarily true.

Thanks for the reply James!

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a pair of "driving oxfords" like the shoes pictured below:
638.jpg
I'd prefer something a little more traditional, maybe with a baroque cap. I'd get a pair in brown and black, don't wanna spend more than $300 for the 2 pairs. Any ideas?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads