• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

American Eagle Desert boots

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eleanorjones
I like the amber boots, actual air-conditioned for abatement and winter, but I charge to advance in new amber loafers first. My Cole-Hann I best up at MarshallвЂâ„¢s 5 years ago for $34 assuredly bit the dust.

lolwut.

insideman

Reaction score
i have a pair of these. been wearing them for about 2 years. I think theyre awesome and I have DBs as well.

bimmernate

Reaction score
Every time I am in Nordstrom Rack they have 2 or 3 pairs of Clarks DB (tan suede, beeswax) for about 50 or 60 bucks

slumdawgbillionaire

Reaction score
I had a pair of J shoes DB, and they're the most freaking uncomfortble shoes I worn in my life. the J DB are so slim, and it hurt my feets, I can only wear the j shoes for like 5 mins max before I have to stop wearing them. I rather spend the extra money and get the clark DB since they're not as slim at the J shoes.

insideman

Reaction score
i think for the money its an excellent deal. FWIW the retail on those is about 120 so the AE deal is a steal. im thinking of getting a second pair to sit in my closet until these break. The heel isnt the greatest but they get great fading color. I'll try to post pics if i can figure out how.

a-rock

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the last. It's very similar to the John Varvatos DBs which also have that upturned toe. Looks clownish. If they're the same as the prior M+O ones, the quality honestly can't be that much worse than Clarks. Although those were priced at $159 or something so how could these be the exact same shoes without some corners being cut. Or perhaps it's old M+O inventory being dumped through AE.

I do have a pair of AE Woodmans boots and the leather is pretty crappy. Took a hell of a long time to break in and they still give me blisters unless I wear very thick boot socks. Don't find much use for heavy boots in LA though so they pretty much only get use on an occassional ski trip or for when I'm feigning lumberjack in the winter so I keep them around.

If these are comparable quality and you're planning to wear these regularly I'd imagine you might want to invest in some blister care products.

insideman

Reaction score
Theyre on sale because they absorbed the inventory of Martin and Osa. I dont think it's a cheaper version. If you want something a little different, these are definitely a great buy. I get compliments from both fashion-forward people and average joes all the time.

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You guys are hilarious. I bought these two years ago for 120$ and people were praising how great of an alternative it was on the Should I or shouldn't I buy thread. Im defiantly kopping these, its a steal.

Just because AE sells them..its not even made for AE, they just absored the inventory.

slumdawgbillionaire

Reaction score
Originally Posted by insideman
Theyre on sale because they absorbed the inventory of Martin and Osa. I dont think it's a cheaper version. If you want something a little different, these are definitely a great buy. I get compliments from both fashion-forward people and average joes all the time.

You must have slim foots to fit into those J shoes DB.

insideman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by slumdawgbillionaire
You must have slim foots to fit into those J shoes DB.

not really. I wear a C or a D in dress shoes. My buddies who also own these shoes fit in easily. might just be your experience.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads