• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Temple of Jawnz Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Binker

Reaction score
presumably the economics of getting a single pair of bespoke trousers made to personal specs would be quite different than doing even a small production run

although i didnt know toj had already tried to get some trousers into production and it didnt work out.

e0d9n0b5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by c00kz
I've only ordered TOJ once but the YKK zips I got weren't good. They work smooth/single-handedly for you guys?

Thats REALLY weird since both the YKKs on both the ToJ pieces I have are the two best zippers i've ever had/used period. Better than lampos, talons, and definitely better than Riris.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^^yeah my zips are all smooth as ****, extremely tough and never got jammed once. Can't say the same about the double zips but not many people got those.

Originally Posted by Binker
presumably the economics of getting a single pair of bespoke trousers made to personal specs would be quite different than doing even a small production run

although i didnt know toj had already tried to get some trousers into production and it didnt work out.

yeah just letting people know that it's not like Korea is still cheap sweatshop labor land, tough to get quality at cheap prices. remember he's gotta be able to make them and ship them while getting some money leftover to profit, so if he can get it to $200 that's a good deal.

vthustle

Reaction score
it'd be interesting to know how much of a profit TOJ makes on each product. the only TOJ piece i own is the annivarsity (which is awesome, as everyone already knows), so i can't really speak from experience on other products, but it's fair to assume that they make quality products at a price that larger, more established labels can't/won't/don't have to match. and that's in part to the business model that TOJ follows i assume. i'd understand if drew and charly don't feel comfortable sharing that information, but it was something i was wondering about recently.

genericman

Reaction score
that's just asking someone how much they make each year...you just dont ask
facepalm.gif

vthustle

Reaction score
i didn't mean it as an affront, it was just something that i had wondered about, mainly after reading the article about the band of outsiders trousers. if i recall the article correctly, the garment price is based on the materials & labor they use and they (BoO) don't mark it up that much, figuratively speaking. like i said, i wasn't meaning to offend anyone (especially drew and charly), but i guess i was out of bounds.

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think i remember impoloyt mentioning that his profit per item is pretty low. and he's able to keep overhead pretty low by not having a storefront, not accepting returns (i think?), etc, so that helps explain how he keeps the price really low compared to alot of popular designers.

plus with a lot of popular designers, you're almost always paying a premium for the name.

SDES

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I've always thought it would be pretty cool to know about the regional distribution of TOJ - like an approximate measurement/indication of where they've sent stuff, if you know what I mean.

All pretentiousness aside, I think it would be neat to know about how many people in my country, state or even city have received TOJ stuff. It'd be pretty cool to know what other random countries have received stuff too, like some random dudes from Guam or Fiji or something... I wonder if TOJ record this kinda info for whatever reason.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING

<-----

Oh, Hi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics