• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Video Games

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
So I'm hearing now that FF14, ie another numbered Final Fantasy, is being released in September... whaaaaa? We wait years for 13 and 14 shows up in a matter of months. I'm flabbergasted. They used FF7 music for the promo vid too, oddly.

I remember a few years ago there was gonna be Final Fantasy 13 and Final Fantasy 13versus. Two different games. The 2nd title might've just had a title change. Dunno though.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ZhiMingBuFanDe
Does anyone here play DotA?

My friends and I are currently getting into League of Legends, which I think is in many respects better. Heroes of Newerth is also becoming popular, but it's more of the same in comparison to DotA and not quite as sympathetic to new-comers or people who prefer bright colours (it's a dark game).

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101
My friends and I are currently getting into League of Legends, which I think is in many respects better. Heroes of Newerth is also becoming popular, but it's more of the same in comparison to DotA and not quite as sympathetic to new-comers or people who prefer bright colours (it's a dark game).

They tried to solve that by putting in a squirrel hero in a robot suit. I kind of like LoL's style and art direction but for some reason I can't bring myself to get off my DotA tip and play it.

Anyone play alien swarm? My friends say it's really good and I'm downloading it now (completely free on steam)

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone actually played through FF13? I pre-ordered and had it the first day it came out, but have been so busy I've played it maybe an hour total (and half that was the intro movie).

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dtmt
Anyone actually played through FF13? I pre-ordered and had it the first day it came out, but have been so busy I've played it maybe an hour total (and half that was the intro movie).
Got to ch11 which is the point at which they make the monsters really hard and thereby force you to grind and do repetitive "hunt" quests which basically involve running around finding a harder, slightly different coloured version of the monsters that are all over the place anyway. Weak. I mean I kinda want to finish it but I'm on the first few hours of owning my new plasma anyway and Xbox is bad for burn in so I might just let it drop.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I'm on ch 4. That's what happens later?
frown.gif
i haven't been playing video games much but still want to finish it or at least come close

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Althis
I played it for a little while, the movement took a little while to get used to but it's an incredibly fun game.

A lot of people are saying that about the movement, but I think they must have grown up on 3d FPS games. Totally natural to me, and basically the WASD+mouselook is the standard for all relatively modern top-down shooters.

Odd Morsel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
Got to ch11 which is the point at which they make the monsters really hard and thereby force you to grind and do repetitive "hunt" quests which basically involve running around finding a harder, slightly different coloured version of the monsters that are all over the place anyway. Weak. I mean I kinda want to finish it but I'm on the first few hours of owning my new plasma anyway and Xbox is bad for burn in so I might just let it drop.

Precisely what happened with my girlfriend. She claims she'll finish it, but I don't believe her.

I moved on to other games after about 8 hours of playing.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
I remember a few years ago there was gonna be Final Fantasy 13 and Final Fantasy 13versus. Two different games. The 2nd title might've just had a title change. Dunno though.
They actually developed FF14 separately from FF13. FF13 Versus is still in development, but I'm not sure if it will actually be released as this point. It's been teased for close to 3 years now with no gameplay videos in sight.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads