• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slewfoot
Parker and Kaplan - Glad you approve! Fabric is Harrisons Frontier blue glen plaid as seen in the photo below on the left. I'm very happy with the way it came out. It feels light and has a bit of give for extra comfort.

fabrics_1-21-10004.jpg

These are lovely fabrics and patterns.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Part fit, part looking for advice. Mostly finished my DB experiment but they put the nipple buttons on the Kent style jacket. Should I go ahead and go with what I originally planned and hack them off? Also kudos to you if you guess which of the two I wore later in the evening. Very, very nice day in Korea today
smile.gif

r25a0w.jpg
35ldlih.jpg

2m804up.jpg
29nxsgi.jpg

Apologies for my hair, just got a haircut and it's not as messy as it should be today. Also those trousers are not actually as high as that, accidentally wore them too high in the picture.

DandySF

Reaction score
Aeglus, Is it an optical illusion or is the top button farther from the center button than the bottom button is?

JPHardy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aeglus, the jacket looks very dated to me, which is fine if that was the look you were going for. I enjoy your style, but this is not looking good to me.

chrisb0109

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
Part fit, part looking for advice. Mostly finished my DB experiment but they put the nipple buttons on the Kent style jacket. Should I go ahead and go with what I originally planned and hack them off? Also kudos to you if you guess which of the two I wore later in the evening. Very, very nice day in Korea today
smile.gif

r25a0w.jpg
35ldlih.jpg

2m804up.jpg
29nxsgi.jpg

Apologies for my hair, just got a haircut and it's not as messy as it should be today. Also those trousers are not actually as high as that, accidentally wore them too high in the picture.

I like it, though I think, if possible, a slightly more pinched waist cold go a long way to modernize the ensemble.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rada
looks like she wants some champagne!
smile.gif

I had no idea what that was so I googled
blush.gif
from what I saw I don't know if you're being serious or not.... but, no, the suit is custom
smile.gif

They have a very similar women's cream colored suit this season, I believe it was part of the Maidstone group.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
somewhat-vaguely-trad-Sunday:

cotton tie
polo FF khakis
navy blazer
cole haan milkshake-suede boat shoes

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

audiophilia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slewfoot
Parker and Kaplan - Glad you approve! Fabric is Harrisons Frontier blue glen plaid as seen in the photo below on the left. I'm very happy with the way it came out. It feels light and has a bit of give for extra comfort.

fabrics_1-21-10004.jpg

Both gorgeous fabrics, colour and pattern.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
smile.gif

Aeglus - i think these two are a miss. The positioning of the buttons are funky (maybe it is the way you have buttoned it), there is something funny going on with the right shoulder, the gorge looks dated and the shaping of both the jacket and pants just doesnt seem great for bespoke/MTM.

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
Spectator in brown/bone.. The suit looks great on you..

Will be smashing. The tan loafers work too.

I would NOT turn the suit into women's wear with bust darts. I'd work with the tailor to provide just a little give through the chest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads