HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LabelKing, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Station

Station Senior member

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]
    The lapels and buttoning point are kind of a mess, unfortunately. Two lowest buttons need more space between them. There's not enough overlap as a result. Your right lapel is appearing far too low. Shouldn't make an appearance from beneath your left until just above the second button, at least. Works better without the two nipple buttons, that's for sure. Seems too boxy for bespoke, as well.

2. Lounge Lizard

Lounge Lizard Member

This is an awesome look!

cigar lounge then summer evening party

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Threadbearer

Threadbearer Senior member

Outside the Beltway but still in the Danger Zone
    PS that's a fine looking Taylor you've got there... my Gibson J 45 is back in the states waiting for me [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sweet! If you need someone to feed and care for it while you're away, let me know. My ES-335 would love to keep it company.

As you can see, I take it out for a walk every day.

[​IMG]

4. tricota

tricota Senior member

Well, I'm not a fan of ties... I have to put SOMETHING on. Pocket squares and silk scarves are really my only option and I do like the way they look on me. For this suit, I may go sans pocket square though... who knows

Light cream can be a bitch to ad a pocket square to. Anything in a light colour doesnt really ad anything to the suit and anything with a bold or bright colour and you are in serious danger of entering clown territory...

But I do agree with the no tie and open shirt option. Atleast in summer. It would be a shame to hide that tattoo...

5. Souper

Souper Senior member

6. bigbris1

bigbris1 Senior member

[​IMG]
    I like the pop of the tie.

This is pretty cool. Like it.

Thanks, gents.

7. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

Kiton suit
    NM pocket-square
    Brioni shirt
    RLP tie
    DeVecchi belt
    Brioni socks
    JL bluchers
    DV Cologne
    Piaget watch

8. yfyf

yfyf Affiliate vendor Affiliate Vendor

Part fit, part looking for advice. Mostly finished my DB experiment but they put the nipple buttons on the Kent style jacket. Should I go ahead and go with what I originally planned and hack them off? Also kudos to you if you guess which of the two I wore later in the evening. Very, very nice day in Korea today [​IMG]

Sorry Broseidon but this one really is not so gud. Position of the buttoning has major issues. I know the DoW photo you are referencing and he didn't look that good in it either! O well, kudos for the experiment, always good to try new things and push the boundaries.

9. Rada

Rada Senior member

This is an awesome look!

thanks [​IMG]

Sweet! If you need someone to feed and care for it while you're away, let me know. My ES-335 would love to keep it company.

As you can see, I take it out for a walk every day.

[​IMG]

a 335 is one of my dream guitars [​IMG]

Light cream can be a bitch to ad a pocket square to. Anything in a light colour doesnt really ad anything to the suit and anything with a bold or bright colour and you are in serious danger of entering clown territory...

But I do agree with the no tie and open shirt option. Atleast in summer. It would be a shame to hide that tattoo...

thank you for your advice... I had never thought of that. I'll have to play around with some different pocket squares and scarves to see what happens. Yeah, I have a lot of tattoos [​IMG]

10. gregaz

gregaz Senior member

With 100+ in Arizona (and this is not a heat wave), my daily looks something like this: [​IMG] However, business and personal matters provide occasion for something more like this: 2nd Outing for this Borrelli Sorrento Jacket. Still not sure if I need to take in the sides, or if this fit is "par for the course" for this type of cut. Pants are Howard Yount summer wool. The left cuff is there - just got caught on the watch. [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] And this may be my last contribution of this type for a while - will spend the rest of the summer in Europe. Hope the temperature is a bit more bearable ... Will try to pop in to catchup and contribute from there. [​IMG]

11. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

Both gorgeous fabrics, colour and pattern.

you have nothing but ill fitting shoes, so why should anybody care....

wrooom wrooom for the bimmer

12. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

Both gorgeous fabrics, colour and pattern.

you have nothing but ill fitting shoes, so why should anybody care....

wrooom wrooom for the bimmer

13. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

Sorry Broseidon but this one really is not so gud. Position of the buttoning has major issues. I know the DoW photo you are referencing and he didn't look that good in it either! O well, kudos for the experiment, always good to try new things and push the boundaries.
    Actually agreed that he didn't look good but my reasoning was that it exaggerated the wrong proportions on him, which are the exact proportions I need exaggerated.

I appreciate all the honest comments and will be taking it back for some waist suppression in both the jacket and trousers, and likely moving a couple buttons slightly. May as well get a list of what else I may as well fix. Here's the pic at the tailor's (taken when I got it, photoshopped the two top buttons out) which probably has a better camera angle. Didn't post it before since I won't be wearing it with these items.

[​IMG]

14. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

a man after my taste.

glücklich ist, wer vergisst, was nicht zu ändern ist...

looking forward to the franziskaner and the meggle... [​IMG]

You should have seen me at the table yesterday with a fresh plate of currywurst and a liter of Hefe Weizen watching the game...

Translucent linen trousers!

Spoo, mind showing me the back of your pants?

There will be a nominal fee for that. [​IMG]

Start her off gently with some Blanc de Blancs. [​IMG]

She much prefers a nice Riesling, but it was 105 degrees out.

Casa Spoosace. Somehow I knew sooner or later you end up there. Looking good.

Thanks JP - How would you guess I would wind up there? (actually got married there too)

possibly the creepiest request I've seen here.

[​IMG]

15. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

And this may be my last contribution of this type for a while - will spend the rest of the summer in Europe. Hope the temperature is a bi more bearable ...

Will try to pop in to catchup and contribute from there. [​IMG]

Have a safe and great trip Greg! Lots of pics along the way I hope!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.