• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paul Fredrick?

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with this company? How is the quality of their dress shirts and ties?

I may get shot for this, but I am even looking at a few of their suits. I have been looking to invest in a three-piece navy pinstripe with a lapelled vest (seems like all of their vests have lapels, which is pretty rare) and am wondering if the basic quality for a non-fused OTR will be worth the tailoring.

chang

Reaction score
I have three of their shirts. The collars are kind of flimsy in my opinion, and their broadcloth is very difficult to iron. They also had a few shirts with a wide English spread collar that for some reason never really looked right to me, but as I said, the collars are kind of flimsy feeling, so the points would always bend out. I no longer really wear them. In my opinion, they aren't even as nice as Joseph A Bank shirts, which while mediocre, in the traveler slim fits make for an OK looking shirt that is simple to maintain. I wouldn't recommend PF shirts.

Jim

Reaction score
I have several PF shirts and they are comfortable and the collars, all spread, are well-made. The collars are better than Lands' End if you are also looking there. Jos Banks has nicer patterned fabrics than PF, but for solid colors I shop at PF.

Their factory sale is this Fr-Sat if you will be in the Fleetwood PA (near Reading and Allentown).

NewYorkBuck

Reaction score
I owned a few in my pre SF and AA days. When on sale, they are a pretty good deal. Not for the Sunday best, but decent workhorse shirts.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkBuck
I owned a few in my pre SF and AA days. When on sale, they are a pretty good deal. Not for the Sunday best, but decent workhorse shirts.

I own two PF shirts and I agree with this. One of their shirts is actually a favorite because it fits very well, after tailoring, and it's my only gingham check shirt. I do wish the fabric were better, though. The collar is a buttondown and is OK.

I'm considering buying one of their sweaters if I can find it on sale. It has a diamond weave that I haven't seen anywhere else.

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

Anyone have an opionion on their suits?

[email protected]

Reaction score
I bought two of their suits which were 120s a few years ago. I used them as travel suits since I didn't want to travel with my better suits. They fit the need at the time, but I wouldn't want to recommend them. They are far below JAB Signature suits, and are still below JAB Executive label.
musicboohoo[1].gif
musicboohoo[1].gif

crpz32

Reaction score
I bought two of their suits which were 120s a few years ago. I used them as travel suits since I didn't want to travel with my better suits. They fit the need at the time, but I wouldn't want to recommend them. They are far below JAB Signature suits, and are still below JAB Executive label.
musicboohoo[1].gif
musicboohoo[1].gif

They are currently running a clearance...$49 for their suit separates. Are they even worht that?
http://www.paulfredrick.com//catalog...tegory=CLSuits

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd get it if it's on sale. I think their quality (shirts) is pretty good. Not the best but certainly not bad. My PF shirts hold up well for long periods of time.

As far as suits, I think their about the same. I can't say that PF is worse than JAB. IMO, that's pushing it. I'd put them slightly above JAB.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by juklano
How about their suits for everyday use?

I like the fact that the vest has lapels, but that's a really ugly fabric.

It all comes down to what you want.
Certainly, if you're patient and scour eBay or the outlet stores, you can find great deals.
However, if just want a cheap suit to wear to work and you're not overly fussy about quality, I'm sure that Paul Fredrick will be alright. It's one of those items that you would only buy when on sale, though.

agavilanes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A little bump to this thread. Anyone has more experience with PF quality in Suits or Sportcoats? I was thinking in get this:

http://www.paulfredrick.com/Catalog/...ductId=JFC226W

With a coupon, this will end in USD 90. I know that maybe I could do better, but, any toughts on this?

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrDaniels
Thanks guys.

I sent one linen PRC made one back but the Belgian linen ones made in the Phillipines or Portugal have been good as has a sharksin wool one. Their shirts (when on sale for USD20) are fantastic value. Their shirts aree better than Landsend. Their ties are not as good. Their shoes I believe are okay but not stitched and expensive even on sale.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

I sent one linen PRC made one back but the Belgian linen ones made in the Phillipines or Portugal have been good as has a sharksin wool one. Their shirts (when on sale for USD20) are fantastic value. Their shirts aree better than Landsend. Their ties are not as good. Their shoes I believe are okay but not stitched and expensive even on sale.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads