1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Paul Fredrick?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by MrDaniels, Nov 21, 2006.

1. bankboss

bankboss Well-Known Member

I bought my first 2 shirts from PF about a year ago, when they had their summer clearance. One windowpane and one blue and white 100s. I wish I new about this board then.

Overall not bad, but neither one of those shirts will last long term for me.

2. ruben

ruben Senior member

I thrifted a nwot Paul Fredrick (trim fit) shirt the other day, might be he slimmest shirt I own, way slimmer than BB slim fit.

3. Mr Engineer

Mr Engineer Senior member

I recently purchased a sports coat from them.Quality is pretty solid.

4. Mr Engineer

Mr Engineer Senior member

After having it from some time quality is average. I wouldn't buy it again though.I really just bought it because I liked the color.Design is basic.Same fit as JAB.Nothing fancy. After a tailoring job in didn't come out too bad.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
  5. cataan

cataan Well-Known Member

Just received some PF trim fit shirts. The fit is okay, a little weird in the shoulder blade, but okay. The patterns I really like. Some (which I didn't buy) are too busy for me, but they have many patterns I've not seen elsewhere that really caught my eye. However, the material is garbage. The cotton is very thin, laughably so. I compared it to my Jos A. Banks traveler shirts and decided to return the PF shirts -- the Jos A. Bank shirts are made of much more substantial cotton and have a nicer look and feel to them (they were also less expensive despite both having been bought on sale). I will not be purchasing PF shirts in the future unless the company goes out of its way to increase the weight of the cotton it uses.

6. jt10000

jt10000 Senior member

I had a few PF shirts. Not great shirts, even for the price. I still wear them but won't buy more. For cheap, Lands End on sale is probably better quality.

7. loweevan

loweevan Member

^^^ This. The shirts are fine, generally speaking. Their slim fit is slimmer than most OTR american shirts, but they're not particularly slim. I also find the armholes to be sort of weird feeling -- almost like they're not high enough for the arm diameter or something. It's hard to describe.

For budget shirts online, I prefer Charles Tyrwhitt or (better) TM Lewin. They're a little more expensive but generally in the same price range. The fabric and build quality is superior to PF in my opinion, not to mention the different ranges of fit.

Still, if one just wants a classic white button down that is bound to get sweaty and gross in the hot Southern Summer, the "introductory" deal on PF's classic white pinpoints (free embroidering) is tough to beat.They do shrink up a bit in the sleeves if you dry them, though.