• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rustyshack

Reaction score
Moo - Other than the sweater I think this is one of your better fits (and I think part of that is because you seemed to have slimmed down a bit). I think the sweater fits decently (other than kinda bunching in the armpits) but imo it just looks ugly.

bateman - can we get a full body of the fit?

*Tee*

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rölfi
020710b.jpg

Although I'm not crazy about the overall outfit, I feel that this is a supreme example of how a good pair of shorts - regarding length, tightness and rise - should fit ( for my liking ). =)

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MortyGras
This doesn't 'crush' ****.
It's a nice basic outfit, but nothing more.

that's the point. it's incredible simple yet looks better than 99% of the people on the planet.

rxCA4.jpg

the fit of the jeans is perfect. the sag and the way the jeans jut down into the back thigh looks exactly like what hedi intended the 19cm to look like. the fade on the jeans is unmatchable. and since he obviously had to get his jeans tailored, i think the amount of stacking he chose is excellent as well. the black sweater with the tshirt peaking out around the waist breaks the transition between top and bottom just like a belt would. the advantage being...he doesn't need to wear a belt which is an accessory I generally dislike. the fact that the tshirt isnt exposed around the neckline gives the illusion that he is wearing the sweater bare on his chest which makes the whole thing look very "summery." often times when you see a person wearing a sweater in the summer you feel hot/uncomfortable just looking at them. in his case, it does not at all.

the white tick marks on the back of his black sweater add an extra bit of quirky eye candy without screaming "i'm a fashion victim"

I challenge you to post a better fit pic.

Originally Posted by vonWitzleben
Maybe I have read some different past 30 pages, but there were fits way better. Are you even serious?

Store looks interesting, indeed, though a bit on the tacky side. But its not about the store, is it? At least this thread isnt...

Regarding the fit: The shine of those GAT doesnt go with the worn in raw, imo. Too much of a break. Did you even notice how badly legopening and shoe fit together? His feet look gigantic and you can see black (maybe navy?) socks sticking out...

Just to underline the argument:

tXHUv.jpg
rxCA4.jpg

vs this Dior raw x Margiela GAT fit

WAYWTMargiela-2-1-1.jpg

Fit on the Diors is ok btw., but certainly nothing to get that euphoric about. But the honeycombs are really sick!

i disagree. i think the leg opening is perfect. you see the entire shoe and the full lacing/tongue. the way his pants interface with his shoes looks way better than the other picture you posted which have a slight bell-bottomy look to them. granted, his choice of socks sucks (i would have gone with some paul smiths).

don't get me wrong. i think your fits are also really good. but when wearing 19cms, IMO, a pair of sneakers (even if its those patent leather ones that i somewhat dislike) always trump a pair of dress shoes.

TintoTerra

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
hand in pocket ftw

IMG_1247.jpg

rugby
j crew
paul smith

IMG_1250.jpg

hanes
j crew

IMG_1253.jpg

hanes
rag & bone
german army

IMG_1254.jpg

Either your proportions or all wrong or you need to take pics at a better angle. Sick 'Hanes T' fit pics though.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101
+1, would really like people to justify their comments so we can see why one would think such a fit 'crushes'. Sometimes I feel the designer's cache overrides people's judgement when it comes to simple fits like these, in that they're basic fits that would not have garnered the same praise were they not comprised of designer clothes.

Sometimes??!! Always the case with sq.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics